Events repeated in all categories

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events repeated in all categories

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    David Jannetta
    Participant

I have been having issues with recurring events appearing in the calendar for other categories. If I create an event in category A, add the category to the menu (menu/Event Category – add to menu) it will not only display in the category it was allocated on the post, but all other categories. This seems to have been happening since the last upgrade.

I have deleted ALL events in my calendar and started to re-enter them however I still get the same issue – Event Category A appears in categories B,C,D etc although only category A has been specified.

This was working till the last WP and Event upgrade.

David Jannetta
    Participant

Additionally recurring events seem to have stopped working completely. The only occurrence is the first day all other dates not shown on calendar. See TEST RECURRING EVENT http://www.alzheimersdementiasupport.co.uk/events/category/sevices/

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out to us! There does appear to be some strange things occurring on your site.

To start:

• Have you tried following all of the Testing for Conflicts procedures to ensure there isn’t a new conflict with an existing plugin?
    • I’m noticing some strange 404’s on the site as well, try resetting the Permalinks under the Settings > Permalinks page to have the rewrite rules for the site flushed.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

David Jannetta
    Participant

So I did the permalink update 5 times to try and fix the error but no joy. I then went to plugins and noticed that although the plugins were all at the most recent version Events Calendar was asking me to update to v3.11 which was already installed. Not he fist time this has occurred since the 3.11 upgrade. I deleted and reinstalled Events calendar and then deactivated all plugins. This seemed to fix the calendar items displaying in other categories. I re-enabled the core plugins sequentially and it now works.

This is a total new rebuild so there should be no inconsistencies in any tables etc.

There is still an issue with Recurring events not working which I will post in a separate thread

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks for following up with us! I’m glad you were able to get the main issues resolved.

In regards to the recurring events displaying, is it only on the archive pages that they aren’t displaying? If so, we’ve got a bug report logged for this issue and should have a fix coming in an upcoming release. I’ll go ahead and add this thread to that ticket so you can be notified when the update is released.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread for now. You’ll still receive updates here though. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new thread.

Thanks!

Leah

Hello,

Thank you so much for reporting this. We are happy to tell you that a solution to this issue is part of our upcoming 3.12 release! We are doing the final testing and then the new version will be released. Keep an eye on your dashboard Updates page!

If you experience any difficulty with the update or find that the issue you reported in this thread is not resolved in 3.12, please open a new thread and we can help you. Thank you for your patience and support as we work to improve our plugins!

Best,
    Leah
    and The Events Calendar team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Events repeated in all categories’ is closed to new replies.