Events Page Always Marked as Current

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Page Always Marked as Current

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Goldford
    Participant

We have included the main Events page in the navigation of our website (through the WordPress menus system). When on that page the menu item is marked with the class “current-menu-item”. When you go to the list view, an individual event, month or most other places the menu item still maintains the class “current-menu-item”. This seems to be confusing to users and is not how the rest of the site operates. How can we change this so it only holds that class when on the main Events page?

Jonathan

Neill

Hi Wiredimpact,

First thing I’d check an see if there isn’t anything in your plugins that is causing this. Try deactivating all your plugins and testing. Then try switching to a default theme, and trying the same thing. Checking out those 2 issues can really help us get to the root of the issue a lot quicker.

When you try that and get back to us, would you mind also providing a URL where we can see the issue?

Thanks
    Neill

Neill

Sorry….. Jonathan. I was using your username as I didn’t see your actual name until after hitting post.

Thank Jonothan

Jonathan Goldford
    Participant

This reply is private.

Rob

Hello Jonathan, thanks for the follow-up here. I looked into this further for you today and what you’ve requested here actually falls more into the realm of a customization – as that’s the intended design of the plugin, to have the menu option highlighted whenever an event/events-related page is accessed. But this is something you should be able to do using Javascript relatively easily: you already obviously know what the base URL for the events page is, so using Javascript you’d remove the highlighting when that URL is not actually what’s accessed (and add it back when it is).

As for the points you’ve made here, I’ve addressed them + your comments in a separate thread you’ve posted: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/repeating-event-shows-daily/. I’m going to mark the answer here and close the thread but please let me know if you have further questions at the aforementioned link.

Rob

Hey Jonathan, I’ve re-opened this one per our email exchange!

Rob

Closing this. Opened the wrong one.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Page Always Marked as Current’ is closed to new replies.