Repeating Event Shows Daily

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Repeating Event Shows Daily

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Goldford
    Participant

When creating a repeat event sometimes the event shows every single day, even if not set to do so. Here are the steps to replicate:

1. Create a repeating event to repeat monthly and save it.
    2. Return to that event and change the start date to sometime earlier than it was previously. Save for all events.

The calendar will show the event every day and in some cases after making multiple changes we saw the event twice on one day.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jonathan

Neill

Hi Jonathan,

Sorry to give you the same message twice, but I just need to make sure we’re hitting each issue in its own thread. So just like your other ticket, I’d recommend you try and see if there are any plugin conflicts and also check see if the theme is causing any issues.

After that, let us know whats happening at that point and then maybe send us a URL that we can see this on our end.

Neill

Jonathan Goldford
    Participant

Hi Neill,

I’ll give you the same response that I gave before. I’ve tested with all plugins off and have used a default theme. The issue still exists.

I can’t provide you a link because you guys took far too long to respond. Instead of keeping all of these incorrect events, we actually had to delete every event and start over.

Did you guys even test this on your end? This is very very frustrating.

Jonathan

Rob

Hello again Jonathan:

I appreciate your follow-up. To be honest I think it’s time we had a serious discussion here, which I’m happy to do via email if you’d prefer. I’ve been reviewing your responses both here and in the other threads – some of which I’ve already been involved in myself, others which were handled by my colleagues – and I have to say I’m a bit concerned at the way things are proceeding.

I want to stress again that we understand your frustration and apologize for failing to meet your expectations of timely service. We want you to succeed and understand that you have client deliverables with a business to run yourself. But please understand where I’m coming from when I say that, if we’re going to continue to work together, the hostile comments here on the forum are going to have to end. There are a couple of realities we’re unfortunately all dealing with at the moment:

• Support time is currently extending beyond the 48 hour window in some situations. We’re eager to get this resolved both to keep everyone happy / replied to within 24 hours, and because we too feel the pain of operating understaffed with such a load. Luckily, as I noted yesterday, we already added one new member today.
    • This is a relatively new code-base where there are inevitably going to be bugs we didn’t catch in the QA process. As those are reported, we’ll patch them in our monthly maintenance builds so that every few weeks the plugin gets better & increasingly stable.

I see that in at least 3 of the other threads you’ve posted, my colleagues have provided workarounds and followed-up to ensure they met your needs, making modifications when you requested them. While those did stretch into the week range for a reply, they were – to the best of my knowledge – ultimately closed and addressed to your satisfaction. We ask for your respect and patience as we work to address what threads/issues remain, and your understanding that it would be unfair to other community members if we focused more resources on one user who reported multiple issues than on distributing support help evenly to everyone.

Like the other users here on the forum, we’re going to need you to be patient and have the confidence that we are committed to getting your issues sorted. If that is something you’re not going to be able to agree to, I’m afraid I must insist that we refund your money and you take your business elsewhere. I’d really rather not go that route, though…what I’m just hoping is that we can all hit the “Reset” button and try to get this relationship back on track.

Thanks for understanding and do feel free to reach out to me directly, rob /a/ tri.be, if you’d like to continue this discussion offline.

Jonathan Goldford
    Participant

Hi Rob,

I’d love to resolve this as much as you would and I agree that we should discuss this offline. I will be sending you an email shortly.

In the meantime, have you all had a chance to look into this issue? I know you guys are swamped, but its been a week since the original post.

Thanks.

Jonathan

Jonathan Goldford
    Participant

Hey Guys,

Any word on this?

Thanks.
    Jonathan

Rob

Hey Jonathan. I just sent you an email following up on this, with my plan for success going forward. Based on what’s suggested in that email I’m closing this thread so we can move to the new avenue outlined. If that proposal doesn’t work please let me know via email and I’ll instead follow whatever you’d like to see happen.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Repeating Event Shows Daily’ is closed to new replies.