Events on WordPress No Longer Sync with Eventbrite & Vice Versa

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Events on WordPress No Longer Sync with Eventbrite & Vice Versa

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Emily Thompson
    Participant

Hi, my issue is a bit less complicated than the previous poster’s, but similar:

Events no longer sync with Eventbrite from WordPress. When we update Events posts from WordPress, one of these two error messages appears:

“We were unable to sync your event to Eventbrite. Here’s what happened:
    This event cannot be unpublished because it is not currently published.”

“We were unable to sync your event to Eventbrite. Here’s what happened:
    This event cannot be published because it is already published or deleted.”

The first message appears for events that are not yet live on Eventbrite, and the second one appears with events that are live on Eventbrite.

As the error messages suggest, updates made in WordPress don’t appear in the events on Eventbrite and changes made in Eventbrite don’t appear in the WordPress events, either.

I can still import events manually from Eventbrite to WordPress using the event IDs, but these events do not sync up with the events on Eventbrite after the initial import. I can also create events in WordPress and send them to Eventbrite initially, though sending an event as a Draft triggers the second error message.

I have checked for plugin and theme conflicts and the problem still occurs.

Thanks for your help!

George
    Participant

Hey Rebecca,

Thank you for reaching out!

We have been receiving reports of this sort of behavior this week and are investigating the issue—it seems to be an issue with the Eventbrite API and our plugin’s syncing with it.

I am sorry that we are not certain of the cause at this point, but we are actively investigating this and I will post more updates as soon as we have more information on this!

Thank you,
    George

Emily Thompson
    Participant

Okay, thanks for the update. Please let us know as soon as you have any information about a fix.

George
    Participant

Absolutely, Rebecca—stay tuned!

Emily Thompson
    Participant

Hi Modern Tribe team,

I’m wondering if you had any updates about this issue? We’re still experiencing the same problems on our website. This problem is frustrating for us, because this is the time of the year when we’re finalizing our events calendar for the year– the time of year when the Tickets plugin would be the most useful– and this core functionality has been broken for almost two weeks.

Please let us know if you have any updates or information. Thanks!

George
    Participant

Hey Rebecca,

We share your frustration and are still working on pinning down the exact cause of this. I’m sorry to say that there are no updates at this time, but I will be updating this thread as soon as I have any news regarding fixes, releases, etc.

I’m so sorry for the trouble!

Sincerely,
    George

George
    Participant

Hey Rebecca,

Our developers actually have a fix in place that is being Code Reviewed, discussed, and tested at this time. If it works and passes all checks, then we should be able to publish an update some time in the next few days.

Thank you for your patience!
    George

Emily Thompson
    Participant

That’s wonderful news. Thanks, and godspeed!

Mel
    Participant

Same issue here!

Very frustrating.

George
    Participant

We agree, Mel—it’s very frustrating and our developers have been working hard on figuring out what the issues are.

As noted above, we’re zeroing in on a fix and are hoping to publish a fix soon. Stay tuned to this thread!

And thank you all for your patience!

Sincerely,
    George

Nico

Hi there,

Just wanted to give you a heads up that the maintenance release that went out recently has a fix for this issue. Please update when you have a chance and please do let us know if you continue to see this or any other issue happen — we’d be happy to help.

Thanks, hope you have a great weekend,
    Nico

Linda
    Participant

We are using the following versions and are still receiving the same error:

The Events Calendar PRO
    Version 4.2.4

The Events Calendar: Eventbrite Tickets
    Version 4.2.1

Are there more recent versions of the plugins?

George
    Participant

Hey Linda,

Those are the most recent versions of those two plugins. Sorry to request more information here, but would you mind posting your complete system information at this time? Here’s how to do that → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

You shared this when you opened the thread to begin with, but here now almost a full month later some of those details may be different and it’s worth looking at that information.

Thanks so much for your continued patience.

Sincerely,
    George

Linda
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Events on WordPress No Longer Sync with Eventbrite & Vice Versa’ is closed to new replies.