Events not working on mobile

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events not working on mobile

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Amanda.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Amanda
    Participant

I am having issues with the events working on mobile. The page will load for a quick second with the correct info and then quickly clear out to show an “All Events” heading, but no information under that. We’re hoping for launch this week, but I need to get this resolved before we can do that. The desktop view is set to month and the mobile to list view. If I minimize my desktop window to mobile size then it works just fine, but to pull it up on a mobile device (Droid or Apple), neither will work.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’d be happy to help you.

Indeed it’s strange, it seems only the Month view shows results on your website.

I can see that you replied Yes to both questions:

• Deactivated all other plugins?
    • Switched to a default theme?

Deactivating all other plugins and/or switching to a default theme didn’t change anything?

Also, can you re-save your permalinks? (in Settings > Permalinks)

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Amanda
    Participant

Yes I changed everything and still not working. Please help! We need to
    launch this week.

Amanda Aldrich The Genuine Nonprofit, LLC genuinenonprofit.com
    [email protected] 567.395.6903 Creative marketing and
    communications solutions for today’s nonprofit.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Amanda,

Can you install the Health Check plugin? This plugin will perform a number of checks on your WordPress install to detect common configuration errors and known issues. It currently checks your PHP and MySQL versions, some extensions which are needed or may improve WordPress, etc.

This plugin provides a troubleshooting mode that aims to ensure your site will continue to operate as normal for regular visitors.

When active, the Health Check plugin can be found in your admin menu, under the Dashboard menu. Please tell me if you see some errors in there.

You can read this article to learn how to efficiently use the Health Check plugin.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Amanda
    Participant

No major issues there. It recommends a php upgrade from 7.0 to 7.2, MySQL from 5.5 to 5.6, and this one – Your version of cURL, 7.19.7, is lower than the recommended minimum version of 7.38. Your site may experience connection problems with other services and WordPress.org.

I can check on the first two with my host. Not sure if the last would affect it? Also when I deactivate Events Calendar Pro, The Events show up okay, so there is something with the add on specifically.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Amanda,

The PHP, MySQL upgrades might not be necessary, as we do support those versions. The cURL version shouldn’t be the cause of the problem either.

There are quite a few JavaScript errors in the console log: there are more chances the problem comes from a conflict between some plugins or your theme and a plugin.

As I am not able to recreate the issue with only the Events Calendar plugins and a default theme, I would recommend you to follow those instructions to test for conflicts.

So you would have to set up a blank site, add our plugins first, then your theme, and finally the rest of the plugins, one by one. You should check at every step when the issue appears.

Please let me know if you could identify the origin of the problem.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Events not working on mobile’ is closed to new replies.