Events not showing up on iPhone when going to the page

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Events not showing up on iPhone when going to the page

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Gisela Nilsson
    Participant

Hi again,

when I go to thttp://www.guidetovintage.com/events/ on my MacBook AIr, the events are showing up fine by default.

When I go to guidetovintage.com on my iPhone 6 > choose “Find vintage events” from the Menu > I get to the FIND page and see the filter bar with “FIND EVENTS” and “VIEW AS” and below that, I see “Upcoming Events” but no event are showing below. If I click Find events, then the events appear but they don’t show by default. They also don’t show up by default if I click on the link which is in the 2nd paragraph in the home page “It is simple, go to FIND VINTAGE EVENTS……”

On my iPad and my laptop, the events show by default.

I was thinking I should change theme to test it but can I do that and then change it back to my old theme without issues? I won’t lose what I have set up so far?

Thank you,
    Gisela at guidetovintage.com

Geoff B.

Good evening Gisela and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the iPhone display issue.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

I went ahead and tested with an iPhone 5 and I was able to reproduce the issue.

This indeed looks like a theme or plugin conflict unfortunately as I could not reproduce the issue with a default WordPress theme and a basic installation.

If you want to run a quick test, you might want to temporarily change WordPress themes to see if the issue persists (as you suggested). Normally you should not lose anything, but certain themes might not keep their options properly set when you do that.

The best solution is to do a Database backup prior to your tests.

Something else you might try is to simply rename the /wp-content/themes/sugar-and-spice/tribe-events/ to /wp-content/themes/sugar-and-spice/z_tribe-events/ to get rid of your customizations (if you have any).

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Gisela Nilsson
    Participant

Hi,

I switched to another theme but the issue remains (I switched to Buttons). I will try a non-customized theme tonight and see how that goes.

Arrgh!

Gisela

Geoff B.

Hey Gisela,

Hang in there. We will get to the bottom of this.

I know this might not seem like much fun, but in that case, could you also please go through our testing for conflicts procedure (preferably in a staging/dev environment or local install of your WordPress website) and let us know what you find out?

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is in the fastest way possible.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Gisela Nilsson
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

nice picture!

I went through the steps for conflicts procedure. I don´t have a local environment. I wish but have no idea how to do that + none of my backups seem to work (nightmare and next thing to figure out).

Either way, I changed theme to Twenty fifteen and deactivated all the plugins except for tribe’s, and cleared my cache. The problem was still there.

I might have a clue though: I thought I’d try another default view. I have used “Photo” so far. That one does not work on my iPhone even with the above theme and all plugins deactivated.

I checked default view = LIST and it works, and default view = MAP also works (I have it at MAP now).

So it seems default view = PHOTO is the culprit

Can you do some testing on your end and see what it might be? I really prefer to use default view PHOTO.

I have gone back to another theme (Button) and activated my plug ins again.

Please let me know what you find.

Thanks in advance,
    Gisela

Geoff B.

Hey Gisela,

Thank you for your kind words and for going through the testing procedure.

I believe I have good news. Based on the fact that you have been using the Photo view and on other threads I came across this week, I believe I have found the cause and solution to this specific issue. It seems there is a slight glitch that made its way in our code.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused so far.

Could you try adding the following to the CSS of your theme ?

.tribe-events-list.tribe-events-photo #tribe-events-photo-events {
    opacity: 1;
    }

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Gisela Nilsson
    Participant

Hi,

glad you found the issue. Will it be fixed in a future release?

I am going to need way more detailed instructions… I know nothing about adding that code into the CSS. Step by step is needed.

Thank you,
    Gisela

Geoff B.

Good evening Gisela,

If you are not yet confortable tweaking your WordPress theme’s CSS file, I would recommend:

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Events not showing up on iPhone when going to the page’ is closed to new replies.