Events not showing in Google events search

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Events not showing in Google events search

• This topic has 0 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Tiffany.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tiffany
    Participant

Hi,

Recently it seems that events imported from Eventbrite with the plugin no longer are SEO friendly and do not show in the Google events preview when searching.

Normally they show like this at the top: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uxl1l4f7aopaspd/Screen%20Shot%202018-03-23%20at%2010.55.42%20AM.png?dl=0

But most of the events for April are not showing, and there are many in there. They are not Ignored or otherwise hidden.
    Here is the list of events: https://offthehookcomedy.com/buy-tickets/

Has something changed? Or am I missing something?

Thanks

Hi Tiffany,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

Did this functionality work at another point and stop working? Does this only occur with events imported from Eventbrite?  Does this only occur with recurring events (or events with “multiple dates” in Eventbrite)?

Can you a take a screenshot of one of these missing events on the backend of your site?

Let me know if anything else comes up in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Tiffany
    Participant

Thanks, Jaime.

There are many events missing. Here is a screenshot of some of the missing events from April.
    https://www.screencast.com/t/7HholXAneZZ

There are both recurring events and singular events. Many of them occur over multiple days.

They have all been imported via the Legacy Import for Eventbrite. There are no events in the database which were created within WordPress. But they were not necessarily imported in succession.

Thanks for your help!

Hi Tiffany,

As a next step, I would suggest allowing your Venue and Organizer pages to be indexed and optimized. Those pages also display events and since all the content is relevant and properly linked, it can only do good for increasing the visibility of your events.

I’m not exactly an expert on using the Yoast SEO plugin, but I can say that, as you use the configuration wizard, you can allow Events. Venues and Organizers to all be visible in that process.

Each one is a custom post type and making them Visible will instruct Yoast SEO to make those indexable by search crawlers.

In addition, the following links might help to display your events in a Google search:

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Tiffany
    Participant

Thanks, that’s very helpful. I do wonder if it is related to a dated sitemap issue as more of the events are showing up now. We will have a look at the SEO to see that everything is in order and proceed from there.

Thanks again!

Glad to help, let us know how it goes!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Events not showing in Google events search’ is closed to new replies.