How do I get my event listing data to show up on Google search?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How do I get my event listing data to show up on Google search?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rewa
    Participant

How do I get the event listings to appear under my website info on a Google search like what is shown below? Is it possible to do this with this plug-in?

Courtney

Hi Rewa

Getting your events to display in Google search results is great. Let’s see if we can see them there soon!

I’d recommend a few things. First, you’ll need a WordPress sitemap. It’s something Google likes to have so that they can see every page you’re domain contains. I’d recommend using Yoast SEO for this. It will make a sitemap, and if you complete the Yoast information on each post/page/event, Google will know further how to rank your site for SEO purpose. Yoast’s website has great tips and guides on how to configure your site – such as https://kb.yoast.com/kb/enable-xml-sitemaps-in-the-wordpress-seo-plugin/.

Have you submitted your site to Google Webmasters? They also have a lot of great guides and will take that sitemap made by the Yoast plugin.

Finally, the keywords that you are using to search will impact how the results display. It looks like you’ve searched for “urban overland park“. In your case, it looks like your website should pull results first by searching for the city and term “auction”. As you grow, perhaps “Illinois Auction”. Good luck!

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Courtney 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘How do I get my event listing data to show up on Google search?’ is closed to new replies.