Events not printing Ticket Availability Messages

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Events not printing Ticket Availability Messages

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Callie Minton
    Participant

Hey there,

After doing some searching to see if anyone else had came across the same problem as I, I found one similar but related to the same set of code.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/this-event-has-passed-tickets-not-yet-available/

It was found to be a bug and you issued a fix back in August but as of right now the events on the website do not display ANY of the ticket messages to let users know that they can’t yet purchase or tickets aren’t available.

I have on my test server reverted to 2014 and deactivated all other plugins and found no conflicts, info is pasted from our prod server.

Hunter

Hey Callie,

Thank you for sharing the link with me and sorry to hear you’re experiencing troubles. Before I test the issue myself, can you send me step-by-step instructions on what I need to do in order to reproduce the behavior? Reason behind this is because there are a lot of different factors in play, so the more detail I can get the quicker we can get this logged and hopefully addressed in an upcoming maintenance release.

Thanks again and have a great morning. Cheers!

Callie Minton
    Participant

Hey Hunter,

Right now the tickets are moved to after the meta so when tickets are available to purchase the tickets will show fine. But:
    If they aren’t yet available – no message.
    If the end of sale date has passed – no message.

So there isn’t much to do to replicate. An event will be active BUT the sales cut off date has expired there is no “Tickets are no longer available” message which has my client being bombarded about tickets that just aren’t available.

I’ve attached screenshots of the dates for the ticket sales for a particular event so you can see it has passed but the event date has not.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Hunter

Hey Callie,

You answered my question perfect! And thank you for sharing the screenshots, they actually helped answer my questions. I did experience the behavior where no notice is displaying for tickets that have not gone on sale yet, however I am getting a “Tickets are not available as this event has passed.” message when viewing an event with tickets that has already passed. (see screenshot below)

From my understanding, it is the default behavior that the tickets not get displayed until the ticket sale start date has been reached. And we did have a bug open for the past event ticket messages, but that has been completed and it appears to be working as designed for me.

Can you please confirm you reviewed our Testing for conflicts guide? Let me know if you’re able to reproduce the problem with the default WP theme and only our plugins active.

Thanks again for the detailed response and have a good afternoon. Take care!

Callie Minton
    Participant

Hey Hunter,

I just spun up our test server again and I did everything AGAIN to test for conflicts. With the default 2014 theme it will break the comments message too – screenshot below – so still nothing revealed there either. I even disabled Woocommerce to test to see if that makes a difference.

I’m not getting ANY messages the tickets will display though when sales are active. I’m attaching screen shots I took today with the web inspector open to see if that helps allude to whats going on. I appreciate the assistance as its driving me crazy trying to figure out where this is breaking.

Callie

Hunter

Callie,

Thank you for the response. Below is a screenshot of an event in the past with tickets.

Below is a screenshot with of an event in the future with tickets that are not on sale yet.

As previously mentioned, the behavior I’m experiencing is correct and was hashed out in the previous bug ticket you’re referring to. The messages based on ticket start sale and end sale dates appear to be working properly.

Please let me know if this makes sense and have a great weekend ahead. Cheers!

Callie Minton
    Participant

I’m really frustrated and I think its great its working for you BUT its not working for me! I don’t know how else to explain/show you but it does not display “Tickets aren’t available yet” or “Tickets aren’t available as this event has passed.” As shown in the screen shots I’ve provided.

Honestly I’m beginning to think about rolling back releases on my test server so I can see at what point it broke because at one time it WAS working – now its not displaying at all. I need to get this fixed so my client isn’t being bombarded for tickets she can no longer provide because the sales date has passed or hasn’t opened up yet.

Callie Minton
    Participant

Hunter,

I went ahead and rolled back to the following and the last time I remember them working:
    The Events Calendar 4.2.7
    Event Tickets 4.2.6
    Events Cal Pro 4.2.6
    Event Tickets Plus 4.2.6

And lo and behold the messages are back as they should be – however I did notice that the plugins were not all wanting me to update which is odd considering they are all are at 4.3. Screenshots below.

I’m hoping that this either reveals the bug or something I’m overlooking to the cause of the issue. I plan to go ahead and upgrade step by step and see where it breaks to narrow it down further. I will let you know if I get the chance and at what point it breaks.

Callie

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Callie Minton.
    Callie Minton
    Participant

Hunter,

The break point for me is 4.3 versions of Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus. TEC & TECPro are fine at 4.3 and do not impact the message. For now, until someone or I can narrow down the cause for this issue, I’m going to roll back on our prod site to 4.2.7. Not ideal but necessary.

Callie

Hunter

Hey Callie,

Thank you for the response. It’s definitely strange you’re not experiencing the same behavior I’m getting. Do you have any CSS set to “hide” the messages for any reason? I completely understand your frustration – I’m sure I’d be on the same level. I truly apologize I can’t do more here, but I’ll be sure and pay more attention to the behavior of the messages related to past/future tickets in the case there is a bug somewhere in our code.

For the time being, if it’s ok with you I’ll go ahead and close this thread out, but please feel free to open a new one if you have any more questions. Please let me know and have a great week ahead!

Callie Minton
    Participant

Hunter,

So I think I’ve identified the issue when comparing event-tickes-plus/src/views/wootickets/tickets.php versions 4.2.6 and versions 4.2.7-4.3.3. I think its a missing <div> that actually prints the message – all the versions post 4.2.6 I’ve downloaded are missing it. However, when you add the <div> the message will print, remove it and it won’t.

The code in tickets.php 4.2.7+:

<?php
    $content = ob_get_clean();
    if ( $is_there_any_product ) {
    	echo $content;

// @todo remove safeguard in 4.3 or later
    	if ( $unavailability_messaging ) {
    		// If we have rendered tickets there is generally no need to display a 'tickets unavailable' message
    		// for this post
    		$this->do_not_show_tickets_unavailable_message();
    	}
    } else {
    	// @todo remove safeguard in 4.3 or later
    	if ( $unavailability_messaging ) {
    		$unavailability_message = $this->get_tickets_unavailable_message( $tickets );

// if there isn't an unavailability message, bail
    		if ( ! $unavailability_message ) {
    			return;
    		}
    	}
    }

The code that works and prints the message from 4.2.6:

<?php
    $content = ob_get_clean();
    if ( $is_there_any_product ) {
    	echo $content;
    } else {
    	$unavailability_message = $this->get_tickets_unavailable_message( $tickets );

// if there isn't an unavailability message, bail
    	if ( ! $unavailability_message ) {
    		return;
    	}

?>
    	<div class="tickets-unavailable">
    		<?php echo esc_html( $unavailability_message ); ?>
    	</div>

<?php
    }

Could you confirm my theory?

Callie

Hunter

Hey Callie,

I can confirm what you’ve described. By replacing the code you shared with me, the ‘Tickets are not yet available.‘ appears. I’ll bring this to the attention of my support team members and we’ll review the closed bug report relating to ticket messages. If the developers determine this is a bug rather than by design, we’ll go ahead and get this addressed in an upcoming release.

Thank you for taking the time to troubleshoot the issue and find the exact source of code. This gives me ground to stand on when making a report. Have a great upcoming weekend and take care. Cheers!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Events not printing Ticket Availability Messages’ is closed to new replies.