Events Not Posting.. (or getting added?)

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Events Not Posting.. (or getting added?)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ryan

When I add an event it does nothing, It takes me to a blank list… nothing goes to database that I can find, at least in the wp_posts table…

this page is blank
    wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events

Whats up?

Thanks
    Ryan

Ryan

FYI.

After I loaded up the Debug Bar per the setting page, I receive this message when clicking the add page

INSERT INTO wp_posts (post_author,post_date,post_date_gmt,post_content,post_content_filtered,post_title,post_excerpt,post_status,post_type,comment_status,ping_status,post_password,post_name,to_ping,pinged,post_modified,post_modified_gmt,post_parent,menu_order,post_mime_type,guid) VALUES (1, N’2015-02-16 05:15:35′, N’0000-00-00 00:00:00′, N”, N”, N’Auto Draft’, N”, N’auto-draft’, N’tribe_events’, N’closed’, N’closed’, N”, N”, N”, N”, N’2015-02-16 05:15:35′, N’0000-00-00 00:00:00′,0,0, N”, N”).

22007 : [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]The conversion of a nvarchar data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range value.

This is an MS SQL server 2014 instance not a MYSQL server.

Ryan

Ryan

similar problem

http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/156271/cant-create-posts-with-wp-db-abstraction-plugin

It seems like this may be it. I just don’t know what to edit to make it work with your system. Tell me what to do and I can change it.

Ryan

Ryan

OK after figuring out that I could not even create a normal post without getting the same error message I tried the edit on the $post_date as mentioned above and it did FIX me not being able to add posts.

So when I browse to wp-admin/post-new.php, the form comes up with no debug error message or anything and I can make a post and it goes in my post lists. I can edit it and everything.

However.

On the events page when I browse the same page in Add Event “wp-admin/post-new.php?post_type=tribe_events”
    only ?post_type=tribe_events added to querystring when browsed..

It seems like the page dumps… meaning it is white and has no content. (no head and no html)
    If i change the code back and refresh the page it come right up with the form. However the debug error is there.

So by changing these two items highlighted below. It kills the form for Add Event, but allows me to create a normal post? is there another page that I also need to edit for this specific form?

if ( empty( $postarr[‘post_date_gmt’] ) || ‘0000-00-00 00:00:00’ == $postarr[‘post_date_gmt’] ) {

if ( ! in_array( $post_status, array( ‘draft’, ‘pending’, ‘auto-draft’ ) ) ) {
    $post_date_gmt = get_gmt_from_date( $post_date );
    } else {
    //$post_date_gmt = ‘2015-00-00 00:00:00’; I Commented out this and added below
    $post_date_gmt = $post_date;

}
    } else {
    $post_date_gmt = $postarr[‘post_date_gmt’];
    }

if ( $update || ‘0000-00-00 00:00:00’ == $post_date ) {
    $post_modified = current_time( ‘mysql’ );
    $post_modified_gmt = current_time( ‘mysql’, 1 );
    } else {
    $post_modified = $post_date;
    //$post_modified_gmt = $post_date_gmt; I Commented out this and added below
    $post_modified_gmt = $post_date;

Barry

Ryan,

I’m sorry to hear you’ve been experiencing problems.

Please note though that this is our pre-sales forum and the idea is for us to answer questions about features and functionality for those folks who are interested in purchasing a license for one of our premium plugins: I’m afraid we do not provide technical support here.

If you do have a valid license please login and post your question in our PRO forum. Alternatively, feel free to post in our wordpress.org forum.

Last but not least, please understand that our support for integration issues with third party plugins and for atypical hosting environments is generally pretty limited.

In this case it sounds like you are trying to run WordPress with a database it doesn’t actually support — and while using a plugin that provides an abstraction layer is a clever way to approach this it’s not something we can help you with, so I can only suggest communicating with the authors of the abstraction plugin if that is throwing up problems in your case.

Sorry we can’t do more on this occasion.

Ryan

Barry,

Thanks for the response. I rectified the problem by installing mysql.. and setting up wordpress to that database. I should have done that to begin with. When I started the thread I didn’t know it was my issue, but i figured it out pretty fast.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Ryan

Barry

Awesome – happy to help 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Not Posting.. (or getting added?)’ is closed to new replies.