Events not appearing on homepage

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events not appearing on homepage

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Nico

Thanks Adules!

First of all sorry for the delay I was out yesterday! I went ahead and extended all your active licenses two more months (that should be enough until we resolve this) so there will not be issues with communication 🙂

Regarding the home page builder, I previously checked the docs and they were a good starting point but didn’t help me to reproduce the issue as I wasn’t getting what you where showing. But let me say that the video did help so thanks for reminding me of that!

Well, it looks like I found the culprit! Just go to WP-Admin > Appearance > Theme Options > Custom Code > Custom Post Type Names and enter tribe_events in the field and save changes. Does this fix the issue?

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Nico

Chris,

The solution for this seems to be theme specific. Can you please open up a new thread for the issue you are having with the Canvas theme?

Please let me know if you do and I’ll try to help you there,
    Best,
    Nico

Adulis
    Participant

Hi Nico,
    The events are now appearing on the homepage section (hurrah!) but there is another issue. I’ve noticed that the event listings have now taken over the “latest posts” section and even though there have been articles posted after the events they are not showing up in order. The events have completely hijacked the “latest posts” for 3 pages.

The events are also showing up in another category the “Columns” section and they shouldn’t be.

The Come Up Show

Nico

Glad to hear that worked Adulis!

Regarding this additional issues I’m afraid you’ll need to talk to the theme developers to how those listings order and queries work. Maybe including the tribe_events post type is a global setting for all modules? If this is the case, ask for a way around this limitation. Maybe there’s a way of filtering the module query arguments?

Please let me know about if they are able to point you in the right direction,
    Best,
    Nico

Adulis
    Participant

ok how would I be able to describe this problem?
    Beucase this issue only happened when I updated the events calendar plugin it worked fine before which would make thing its an issue on this end and not the theme.

Second thing, the only reason I’m doing this workaround and displaying events through “tags” is because the events calendar doesn’t work with wordpress categories. It would be really easy if it did. If I can just select a wordpress category instead of using tags.

Nico

Thanks for following up Adulis! Sorry if my reply sounded like I’m trying to pass along the issue to the theme support team just because. This is not my intention at all!

ok how would I be able to describe this problem?

You cna point them to this thread in which the issue is fully described, and make sure to mention the version of The Events Calendar (or Events Calendar PRO) that brought this issue into light.

Beucase this issue only happened when I updated the events calendar plugin it worked fine before which would make thing its an issue on this end and not the theme.

I think I said this before but we didn’t make any changes in how our post type is defined, so not sure what can be affecting this. From what I’ve seen and tested this wasn’t working because you menaully had to input ‘tribe_events’ in their ‘additional post types’ fields.

Second thing, the only reason I’m doing this workaround and displaying events through “tags” is because the events calendar doesn’t work with wordpress categories. It would be really easy if it did. If I can just select a wordpress category instead of using tags.

The decision to use our own taxonomy instead of default WordPress categories comes from the first days of our plugins and I don’t think it’s going to change in the near future (at least). I’m mostly sure it’s possible to modify the Events post type definition to enable WordPress default categories, if you are interest in that please let me know and I’ll take a look at it 🙂

Best,
    Nico

Adulis
    Participant

Hi Nico,
    I would definitely like to know how I can use the wordpress default categories, it would make so many things easier and would work better with other plugins.

Nico

Thanks for following up Adulis!

Pasting the following code in your theme’s (or child theme’s) functions.php file will add ‘post’ categories to the Events Post Type:

/* Tribe, add support for post categories */
    function change_event_type_args ( $args ) {

$args['taxonomies'][] = 'category';
    return $args;
    }

add_filter('tribe_events_register_event_type_args', 'change_event_type_args');

Please let me know if this works for you,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘Events not appearing on homepage’ is closed to new replies.