Events not appearing on homepage

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events not appearing on homepage

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Adulis
    Participant

Hello,
    I use the post by ‘tags’ to display events on the homepage. When I updated the events calendar plugin, the events aren’t showing up anymore.

Only one review is showing up which is weird because it wasn’t created through the events calendar but it does have the ‘shows’ tag which is what I use to populate events.

I’ve attached 2 screenshots. The first one is how the events looked on the site, the second is what is now on the website.

Thank you

Nico

Howdy Adulis,

Welcome to our support forums and thanks for reaching out to us. I’ll help you here!

Can you please describe how you are getting the events in there? Not sure what you mean by “I use the post by ‘tags’ to display events on the homepage.”.

Also, “When I updated the events calendar plugin, the events aren’t showing up anymore.”. Are you referring when you installed PRO? If that’s the case, when PRO is deactivated are the events back?

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Adulis
    Participant

To be able to show events on the homepage of my website, there are a couple of options, I can choose posts by category, tags, or post names. Since the events calendar plugin doesn’t directly connect with wordpress categories, I use post by tags. On every event listing, I use the ‘shows’ tag and they appear on the homepage of my website. After I upgraded the events calendar & events calendar pro plugins. It only shows one post on the events section homepage which isn’t even an event listing which doesn’t make sense.

P.S. I deactivated events PRO and it didn’t make a difference.

Adulis
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

This reply is private.

Adulis
    Participant

Hi Nico,
    The posts selector is a feature of my theme (15zine). It is NOT a plugin. It’s basically a homepage builder that looks me to easily customize the appearance of my homepage.

Here is a video to get an idea of how it works from the theme developer

Also here is the documentation page
    http://docs.cubellthemes.com/15zine/#!/cubell_homepage_builder

I looked into the process of downgrading to an older version, part of the instructions was to delete the plugin and upload the older version. I’m wondering if that will also delete the events I’ve uploaded already.

I rather just fix the issue at hand preferably.

Please let me know about how the ‘homepage config’ works and I’ll try to find out more info on it,

Nico

Thanks for following up Adulis!

I’ve checked out the video and read the docs but there’s no mention or sign of a setting to indicate which post types are included in the module. Can you ask them about it? Maybe there’s a setting or a snippet to enable posts there.

I looked into the process of downgrading to an older version, part of the instructions was to delete the plugin and upload the older version. I’m wondering if that will also delete the events I’ve uploaded already.

The information and settings are stored in the database so replacing the plugin files (this is what happens in an update) shouldn’t modify the content in any way.

Once again, I think the best would be to ask them about it. I won’t close to thread anyway so you can let me know if there were able to help or not.

Best,
    Nico

Adulis
    Participant

Hey Nico,
    I do understand how it works. It’s pretty straight forward, I can pull from wordpress categories, tags, or the name of the post to display posts on the homepage. I’ve reattached the screenshot from the thread below.

Since the events calendars doesn’t work with the wordpress categories, I used wordpress tags to display it on the homepage. Once I updated the plugin, the events doesn’t show up anymore.

Christopher
    Participant

I have a similar issue to this.

Using Woo Themes Canvas I can deploy a slider on the front page which selects content by searching for specific tags.

After updates to TEC and TECPro The slider stopped showing TEC events even though they had the tag.

I’ve been unable to find any suggested solutions.

Best,

Chris

Nico

Hey folks,

Thanks for following up on this and I’m sorry to hear this is affecting your site as well Chris 🙁

I’ve touched base with our developers to see if any changes where made to our ‘Events’ post type settings, but they are not aware of any chances that might affect this.

Let me see if I can get a copy of Canvas to gives this a try tomorrow, hopefully reproducing the issue will lead to a solution much faster!

Thanks for the patience while I check on this,
    Best,
    Nico

PS: Adulis if you want to send over a copy of the theme you are using in a private reply that might be a good step towards reproducing / fixing the issue. Thanks!

Adulis
    Participant

This reply is private.

Adulis
    Participant

Hi Nico,
    Any updates yet?

Nico

This reply is private.

Adulis
    Participant

This reply is private.

Adulis
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘Events not appearing on homepage’ is closed to new replies.