Events main page not displaying with WPML

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events main page not displaying with WPML

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    marketfresh
    Participant

The main Events page is not displaying correctly when the WPML plugin is active. Everything was working fine before and I’m not sure what changed to cause this error to happen.

When the WPML plugin is active, the Events page looks like a blog post (see attached screenshot).

Has anyone encountered this problem? Any ideas for a fix besides disabling WPML?

Thanks,
    Jonathan

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Jonathan and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the Events page not displaying properly on your site.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

It looks like the issue you are experiencing is related to the X theme specifically. Could you tell me which version you are using ?

One quick test you could run is go to Events -> Settings -> Display and make sure you are using the “Default Events Template” under “Events Template”.

If I am right about this, you should be getting an error message while trying to display the events page (hence confirming the X theme compatibility issue).

We have a bug ticket opened for that purpose. Full disclosure, at the moment we are working on increasing WPML compatibility with all themes. In fact there should be an imminent release from the awesome folks from WPML to address just that.

I am not sure this will help with your specific issue at this point. But I hope it will.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

marketfresh
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

I’m using v4.6.2 of the X theme. And you’re right, I do get an error when I switch to Default Events Template.
    Are there any temporary workarounds for the error? When is the bug fix going to be released?

Thanks,
    Jonathan

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Jonathan,

That’s what I was afraid of.

At this point, aside from experimenting with downgrading (of the X theme, WPML and our plugins), there are unfortunately no true workaround for now (by the way the bug also exists with X 4.6.1). We are sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.

Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a release date at this point. But stay tuned, you will be contacted when fix is released.

Our hope is that the imminent release of our increased compatibility with WPML will help set the foundation to resolve this issue.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have.

Have a good week-end,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

George
    Participant

Hello!

I wanted to post a quick note here that we have published a new Maintenance Release today that should address some of the problems reported in this thread.

You can read about the details of this release here → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-4-3-2-event-tickets-4-3-2-premium-plugins/

I hope this update helps!

If issues persist, open a new thread in the forums and be sure to include your site’s complete, un-edited “System Information” as per the instructions in this knowledgebase guide.

Cheers,
    George

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Events main page not displaying with WPML’ is closed to new replies.