Events List Widget

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events List Widget

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Werner Brandt
    Participant

I am using The Events List Widget with TEC Pro and formatting seems to be off. The city, state, and country should be on the same line. See Attached screenshot. The help document in the Knowledge base shows it correctly. I am using Genesis Streamline Pro theme and latest versions of TEC and PRO.

Werner Brandt
    Participant

Here is the link to the docs with the Advanced widget formatted correctly. https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/configuring-the-list-widget/.

Werner Brandt
    Participant

Still not sure why the Event List widget displays City, State, Country on a separate line. The older version used <span> and this version appears to use <div>

Geoff

Hi @Werner,

Thanks for getting in touch!

there indeed was a change from using <div> to <span> and it could absolutely have a styling conflict like the one you are referring to.

One idea would be to add this to either your theme’s stylesheet of in the Appearance > Customize > Advanced CSS screen:

.tribe-events-location {
    display: flex;
    justify-content: center;
    }

That will move everything to one line (screenshot) but, as you can see, there will still need to be some spacing around the information. You may need to play with that a bit on your own, but something like this could get you started:

.tribe-events-location span {
    margin-right: 5px;
    }

Will this help you get started? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Werner Brandt
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestion. That seemed to work, except that there is a mysterious ‘1’ in the State/province field for the Events List Widget. See screenshots below.

Geoff

Hey Werner — hope you had a great weekend!

Oh wow, that’s certainly strange! I’m not sure exactly what that is, but was able to remove it using this CSS:

.tribe-events-region {
    display: none;
    }

You can add that in the same way you added the last snippet. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Werner Brandt
    Participant

HI Geoff,

On further investigation, when I check the postal code, it also only displays a ‘1’. Removing them from the widget as you suggested above, doesn’t solve the problem. Not sure what is generating the ‘1’. I inactivated all the plugins except the Events Calendar ones to see if there is a conflict, but same results. Any ideas?

Werner Brandt
    Participant
    Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Werner,

Just want to let you know that for the issue with the ‘1’ appearing you can join the thread you quoted. I’ll be helping Nick there to find a solution. Would be happy to have you there so we can work on this together. You know, more eyes… 🙂

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

George
    Participant

Hello!

I wanted to post a quick note here that we have published a new Maintenance Release today that should address some of the problems reported in this thread.

You can read about the details of this release here → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-4-4-3-event-tickets-4-4-3-premium-add-ons/

I hope this update helps!

Cheers,
    George

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Events List Widget’ is closed to new replies.