A ‘1’ appearing below each event in Event List widget

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO A ‘1’ appearing below each event in Event List widget

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Nick
    Participant

I have just noticed that there is a ‘1’ below each event listed using the Events List widget. I think this has just happened since updating to the latest version of Events Calendar.

It can be seen on the homepage http://www.ieee-ukandireland.org

Werner Brandt
    Participant
    Nick
    Participant

Thanks Werner

I was beginning to think that it was just me who had this issue. No reply from Support yet but I’m sure they will say ‘wow’ and make it sound as if I’m lucky to have this ‘1’ !!

Andras
    Keymaster

Wow! You are lucky to have this ‘1’, Nick !!

Sorry man, high ball. 🙂

Joke aside, thanks for reaching out to us with the issue. So far I haven’t been able to reproduce the issue, so I will need a bit of your help to find out the source of this issue.

I checked Werner’s thread where he reported this as well, and it seems like hiding it is not an option.

Please check the following 2 things for me as a start:

When you go to a specific venue in the admin which shows the ‘1’, do you also see it there saved as part of the data?

Please switch to a default theme like twentysixteen and check if the issue exists there. If the ‘1’ doesn’t show up there, then there is something in the theme that makes this happen.

Nick, and Werner also if you can, please let me know what you find out.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Werner Brandt
    Participant

Here are the screen shots for what you requested. The venue is correct when viewed in the admin or front end separately. (See screenshots below). Just not correct when viewed in the list events widget.

I did a live preview of the twenty-seventeen theme and the ‘1’s show up there also for State and zip. See screenshot below.

If needed, I can give you admin access to our dev site.

Werner

Nick
    Participant

I have done some digging… For my site the problem lies in the postal code. In the widget if postal code is ticked then a ‘1’ appears even though there is a full postal code listed in the event.

I also ticked the ‘organiser’ in the widget (which I don’t normally have ticked) and this didn’t display anything at all even though there is an organiser listed for the event.

So at the moment I have unticked postal code and the ‘1’ has gone away, but this is a fairly vital piece of information.

Nick
    Participant

Any update on this, please?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,

Thanks for sharing the results of your digging.

Meanwhile we also ran some tests and it looks like we have a bug on our hands. The bugticket is already in our system and is waiting for a developer to be assigned to the case.

At the moment I don’t have a workaround for this, only that you don’t tick the zip and state boxes in the widget, so the ‘1’-s don’t appear.

I am going to set the status of this ticket to “pending fix” and we will update it once the fix is released.

If you have any new questions or issues please create a new ticket and reference this one.

Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,
    Andras

Werner Brandt
    Participant

Thanks Andras for the update. Good to know there is a ‘pending fix’. We are about to go live with our new site and the Events List widget is an important part of it. Is it possible to get a code snippet to fix this issue before a new update addresses this. It would be very helpful.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Werner,

Although I cannot provide you with a snippet, I can provide you with a hack / override, which should solve it.

1. Copy this file
    wp-content\themes\{your-theme}\tribe-events\pro\widgets\modules\single-event.php

to

wp-content\themes\{your-theme}\tribe-events\pro\widgets\modules\single-event.php

2. Open it for editing and add these two lines in the beginning (e.g. right after line 23, before the closing ?> tag):

$zip = tribe_get_zip();
    $region = tribe_get_region();

3. Save. 🙂

I hope this will solve it for you until the fix comes. Please let me know.

Cheers,
    Andras

Werner Brandt
    Participant

That worked, with acorrection to where to find the file. The correct path on my system is:

wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/views/pro/widgets/modules/single-event.php

copy to

and add code

$zip = tribe_get_zip();
    $region = tribe_get_region();

and Voila! it worked! Thanks for getting a temporary solution to the problem.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Werner,

Yeah, you got that right. 🙂 My bad, the clipboard tricked me into sending you the same path twice. :blush:

@Nick, does that work our for you as well? Would be happy to know.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

George
    Participant

Hello!

I wanted to post a quick note here that we have published a new Maintenance Release today that should address some of the problems reported in this thread.

You can read about the details of this release here → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-4-4-3-event-tickets-4-4-3-premium-add-ons/

I hope this update helps!

Cheers,
    George

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘A ‘1’ appearing below each event in Event List widget’ is closed to new replies.