Events List Shortcode style has changed

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events List Shortcode style has changed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mereagency
    Participant

We use the tribe_events_list shortcode in quite a few places on our site. It seems that with a recent update, the layout and styling of the generated list is quite different. It’s now a numbered list with no date block on the left. Is there a straightforward way to return to the previous layout?

Courtney

Hello Matt

That is unexpected for sure. I’m sorry this is happening to you.

First, can you go through our Testing for Conflicts guide and disable all other plugins and use a default theme such as Twenty Seventeen https://wordpress.org/themes/twentyseventeen/ to test?

Next, at any point were there customizations made to override the plugins on your site?

Finally, can you send us links to exactly which pages this is happening on?

I hope we can get this resolved quickly for you.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

mereagency
    Participant

Sorry for the lag here. I determined that it’s a theme template issue. Strangely, with the twenty-seventeen theme, it renders as a div with a class of .tribe-mini-calendar-event, but with my custom theme is renders as a div with .tribe-list-widget. The template is not that complex, and the shortcode is just rendered through the_content(). Am I doing something wrong there? Also, the page in question is http://madetoflourish.org/city-networks/network-directory/new-york-city/

Courtney

Hello Matt

Is your theme by chance a derivative of Underscores.me? (https://www.themestats.com/made-to-flourish-base-best-wordpress-theme-1821385 indicates it is)

All default WP themes are derivatives of that as well, which you might actually be aware of. Because the default 2017 theme is working, that leaves some code in your own theme that is creating this conflict.

It looks like you are possibly the developer of the theme as well. I really wish I had a better answer here than to suggest contacting the theme dev, especially as I am guessing that would be your company.

A few other tests you could try:

Rename the folder:

themes/made-to-flourish-base/tribe-events/

to

themes/made-to-flourish-base/disabled_tribe-events/

Using the shortcode in a post instead of a page

Do you have another page template to use?

Let me know if any of these additional tests reveal any different results.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

mereagency
    Participant

Courtney, thanks very much for the thorough list of troubleshooting options. It was something funky in my custom widget styling in /tribe-events. All’s good now. Thanks a ton!

Courtney

Thanks Matt!

We do like to keep a close eye on anything tied back to _S.

I’m relieved that you found the issue too!

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Events List Shortcode style has changed’ is closed to new replies.