Events list page not showing accurate number of tickets left

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Events list page not showing accurate number of tickets left

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Meg Boyd
    Participant

Hi,

Since the new update that changed the ticketing, I have noticed that the main events list page, which lists all the events on one page that you can scroll through, is not listing the accurate number of tickets remaining. It is listing the total capacity we set of ticket sales to cap at. If you click on the event, and go to the actual event page to register, the number on this page is accurate. It seems to be pulling the capped number instead of the actual remaining number. Are other people having this same issue?

Hi Meg,

Thanks so much for reaching out again!

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue after updating your plugins.

As a first step, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1.    A conflict with another plugin

2.    A conflict with your WordPress theme

3.    A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1.    Make a backup of your database

2.    Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Michele Justin
    Participant

Hi Meg and Jaime

Can I please chime in regards this advice Jaime, and it may be of benefit to other readers, I am paranoid about the conflict testing process you mentioned above.I did read the page that you linked, and there was no comment section, so I thought to comment here.

Is it possible that switching themes, and turning plugins off and on as suggested can lose data display such as widget content (when switched back)? I don’t see a caveat on your advice page, so do you feel like this method is completely trustworthy, that switching them all and then back the website will remain as it was before?

cheers
    Darryl (for Michele)

Hi Darryl,

I understand your concerns, which is why we always recommend creating a backup of your site before proceeding.  This procedure should not result in any lost data, but it is always better to be safe.  We also recommend setting up a staging site and doing your testing there.

If you have any further concerns or questions, please feel free to open a new thread.

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Events list page not showing accurate number of tickets left’ is closed to new replies.