Events list by venue

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events list by venue

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Martin Fernandez
    Participant

trying this shortcode: [tribe_events_list venue=”venue-slug”] to list the upcoming events (if there are any) for a specific venue.

But I just get a “global” list of upcoming events.

What am I missing?

I’ve also tried the venue name and venue ID without success.

venue=”Venue Name”
    venue=”1234″

Thanks in advance.

Barry

Hi Martin,

Thanks for contacting us and our apologies for any confusion.

The venue attribute acts as a ‘flag’ (a bit like an on/off switch). If you set it to a positive value such as ‘1’ then it will include venue details beside each listed event. In this regard, it is not unlike the address and city attributes:

[tribe_events_list address='1' city='1' venue='1']

So, in my above example, we are controlling what information is displayed by indicating we wish the street address, city and venue to be provided for each event. What we’re not doing is asking for a list of events that relate to a venue named or with an ID of ‘1’.

Does that clarify things?

Martin Fernandez
    Participant

I see; Is there any way to do what I want?

List the events associated with a specific venue on a wordpress page that is NOT the venue page?

Thanks.

Barry

Hi Martin!

With some custom coding, yes you could. Our tribe_get_events() helper function supports a venue argument and should return a list of events associated with the specified ID:

foreach ( tribe_get_events( array( 'venue' => 123 ) ) as $event ) {
        echo $event->post_title;
    }

The above is a pretty simplistic example – but could be developed further and wrapped into a shortcode, widget, or used in some other way.

I hope that helps!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Events list by venue’ is closed to new replies.