Events in (Month dropdown) not Functional

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events in (Month dropdown) not Functional

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    kflaphi
    Participant

The “Events in” dropdown where you can navigate by months of the calendar seems to be not functioning. Clicking a month simply doesn’t change the calendar.

I don’t have any external functionality that would be hooking into the function so it’s a little confusing why it simply stopped working.

Hi Michael,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue on your site!

As a first troubleshooting step, can you try updating all of your Events Calendar related plugins to their most recent versions and testing if the issue still occurs?

If it does, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1.    A conflict with another plugin

2.    A conflict with your WordPress theme

3.    A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1.    Make a backup of your database

2.    Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

kflaphi
    Participant

I removed all the plugins and had the same issue. Looks like a theme issue… I’m currently translating the Calendar through jQuery when switching to the French version but I couldn’t see any reason why that would matter in the English version at the very least.

Michael Judd
    UIUX Developer

Phone: 613-549-1232, ext. 1125
    Toll-Free: 1-800-267-7875
    Fax: 613-549-7896
    [email protected]

KFL&A Public Health
    221 Portsmouth Avenue
    Kingston, Ontario K7M 1V5
    http://www.kflaph.ca

Connect with us on Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information intended only for the individual or entity named in the message.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited.  If this communication was received in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and delete the original message.

Le présent message peut contenir des renseignements confidentiels réservés à l’usage exclusif du destinataire ou de l’organisme y figurant. Par conséquent, si vous n’êtes pas le destinataire de ce message ou la personne devant le lui remettre, nous vous avisons qu’il est strictement interdit de le passer en revue, de le diffuser, de le distribuer ou de le copier. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, nous vous remercions de nous en aviser par retour de courriel et de détruire le message original.

Hi Michael,

Can you confirm that when you switch to a default WordPress theme, the issue resolves itself?

Also, do you see this issue on both your English and French versions of your site?

Let me know!

Thanks,

Jaime

kflaphi
    Participant

Hi Jamie,

Yes, it is a theme issue, after reverting to the original theme it works… It does occur in both French and English versions however so the jQuery translations shouldn’t be directly affecting that part.

Hi Michael,

I’m glad that you were able to at least find the root of the issue.  I’d recommend reaching out to the theme developers to see if they have any suggestions for you to resolve this issue.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jaime

Hi Michael,

I’m glad that you were able to at least find the root of the issue.  I’d recommend reaching out to the theme developers to see if they have any suggestions for you to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Jaime

kflaphi
    Participant

The theme is a highly customized hard fork of I believe the Twenty-Thirteen WP theme.. Do you know where the root of problems like this could arise from?

Hi Michael,

Unfortunately without knowing what customizations are there, I would have no way of knowing where the root of the problem could be.

Can you try removing customizations one at a time (or something similar) in order to possibly narrow down the issue?

You can also enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and see if there are any debug messages.  I noticed that there are no errors in your console when I navigate to this page and the Events In box.

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Events in (Month dropdown) not Functional’ is closed to new replies.