Events in main blog loop reversed

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events in main blog loop reversed

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    James Rosnack
    Participant

This code doesn’t really seem to change anything that I can tell. I tried looking at the page twice with it and without it. If events can’t be injected into the main blog loop showing next event in time as the first event on page 1, while showing blog loops by creation date then to me, the option in the dashboard settings to add the events to the loop is worthless. I am either going to have to show the latest news feed on the homepage or I am going to have to show the events but its painfully obvious that I am unable to do both.

I don’t believe there is anyone out there in cyberspace that sees the option to check mark “Include events in main blog loop” and thinks “Ohhh I hope this displays them backward so the event next year shows up first!”. lol. It doesn’t make any sense to me that this option even exists.

I am giving up on hoping this idea is even possible, which sucks because, after much research, this is the reason I purchased the Modern Tribe plugins and how I sold my client on the idea that this is how their new website is going to function.

James Rosnack
    Participant

ok after unchecking the “Include events in main blog loop” in the dashboard, your code changed the order of the events on the homepage but since it’s by creation date, it still doesnt make things helpful.

Perhaps if Modern Tribe figured out a way to tell the WP loop that the event date is the “creation date” it should be looking at, then it can fool it into displaying it the way people expect it to be displayed? I dont see any other way to pull it off.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello again,

I’m sorry to hear this still doesn’t fully satisfy your needs.

Unfortunately we are limited to support and develop customizations based on our support policy.

The above custom code / blueprint Geoff provided should give you a headstart on what you would like to achieve. If you require further customization, then here is a list of developers from the community who are not affiliated with us and should be able to help you achieve what you need.

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/find-a-customizer/

It looks like that on our Feature Request forum there is a similar request to yours.
    https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/6005649-more-detailed-backend-settings-for-events-in-main

I suggest you visit that and give it a vote, maybe add a comment if you have any great ideas / features you would like to see as part of that. If the idea gets enough votes, then it will be added to the core features of the plugin.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

James Rosnack
    Participant

Geoff, if I was to add a feed to the home page that was only the events, how can I make it look like it does when its in my news feed loop? I have created a secondary widget area below the news feed (blog loop). you can see it at this link, Ive dropped a regular calendar widget in there.

Home Page

Id like it to show the most current listings, just like on the events main category page

http://austinpolishsociety.org/members/events/

without the search function of course, just the list.

I tried to go thru the themers guide and custom stuff in your support content but couldn’t find any actual code or a shortcode that does what I need. This is going to have to be my compromise between what I need, what the plugin can do and what my client is willing to settle with.

Roz

Andras
    Keymaster

Cześć Roz,

With the new shortcodes introduced in version 4.3 earlier this fall you can basically insert any calendar view on any page. I believe this shortcode would do the trick for you:

[tribe_events view="list" tribe-bar="false"]

And here is the full article on the shortcodes:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/embedding-calendar-views-tribe_events-shortcode/

If you want to use a widget, then the Event List widget would be your best bet.

Check and let me know if any of this helps.

Cheers,
    Andras

James Rosnack
    Participant

Thanks for that, is there a way to limit the amount of listed events? I read over that shortcodes page and did not see anything.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Roz,

Happy 2017! Hope you had a great holiday!

Unfortunately at the moment the number of items within the shortcodes cannot be limited. But the number of items shown is influenced by the setting under Events > Settings > General tab > Number of events to show per page

Alternatively you can try this plugin:

The Events Calendar Shortcode & Block

This has a whole bunch of shortcodes that could help you and if I’m right you can also set how many items you want to show. Note though that this plugin is not developed nor supported by us.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘Events in main blog loop reversed’ is closed to new replies.