Events Import Stuck

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Events Import Stuck

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Richard Tomson II
    Participant

Hello,
    I have Events Calendar with Pro and Aggregator installed on IIS for our Intranet calendars.
    I was attempting to run a manual import of data from one of the scheduled imports which have been running fine and it is now hung up. Does not seem to matter if I start / stop the IIS process.
    Is there a way to abort the import? What would cause it to still be running after a restart? I am assuming it’s picking up the job from the database or a status from there?
    I tried flagging all the records in the wp_posts table that were tribe-ea-records with a status of failed but it still thinks it is running.

I also tried updating the plugins to latest.

I have access via mysql to the database and I am comfortable with SQL in general.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Rich.

Mark Evilsizor
    Participant

I had the exact problem today but on a linux box. I am using WP Multisite and was trying to import from one site to another. Restarting Apache and rebooting the server did not stop the job.

I came to believe that the WP Cron was the key to trying to kill this job. I tried
    – Renaming the option_name field value from _transient_doing_cron to _transient_doing_cronX
    – Installing the WP Control plugin and deleting the following 3 WP Cron entries
    o tribe aggregator
    o tribe_queue_ea_import_events_cron
    o tribe_aggregator_process_insert_records
    I did not restart apache after this and perhaps I should have. But deleting the cron jobs did not kill the job, I continued to see the stuck process

So I used Updraft Plus to restore this one site, and all plugins across the network to earlier today. This returned The Events Calendar to the state it was in prior to installing the Aggregator license key. And it restored this one site’s options table. This effectively killed the job and my sites are now functioning properly.

There must be a better way to stop an errant job, but it was killing the performance of my sites and the backup was a couple hours prior and no content had been edited since then so I was happy to restore proper functioning of my network.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there!

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having issues with the Aggregator import. I will try to help you get this sorted.

Before we try to figure out, why this is happening, let’s try to stop the import from running. Can you try deleting all of the transients from the db? You can use a plugin like this https://wordpress.org/plugins/artiss-transient-cleaner/ or by searching the db for _transient.

Does doing that stop the job from running?

Can you share the file or URL that you were trying to import? I’d like to see if I can replicate this on my end.

Also, are you by chance using our Event Tickets plugin? I don’t see it in your system information, but I thought I’d ask, as we are tracking on a similar issue that involves that plugin being installed.

Thanks,
    Sky

Richard Tomson II
    Participant

This reply is private.

Richard Tomson II
    Participant

Sky,

I replied and marked it as private. I don’t know if you can see that. I picked private as I uploaded a file attachment with it that I didn’t want public.

Let me know and thanks for the help.

Thanks,
    Rich.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Rich,

I was able to import this file with no issues. Aggregator is a cloud based service, and not a plugin, so there is nothing to reinstall.

Do you have access to a staging server? I would try this with the Twenty Seventeen theme enabled, and all other plugins disabled, to see if there is a theme or plugin conflict. You can read more about the troubleshooting process here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/

Also, you might try enabling WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG, and see if any errors are thrown during the process. You can read more about this process here: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress. Once enabled, try the import again. Any errors should be recorded in wp-content/debug.log.

Let me know how this goes.

Thanks,
    Sky

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for the “imports hanging” issue.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-17-june-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Richard Tomson II
    Participant

Still having issues with this. I can’t do any type of import, one time or scheduled. I updated to the latest versions of the plugins to no avail. Is there a script to remove all Events calendar items from the primary database so I can start clean without losing the rest of our Intranet? I noticed when I removed the plugin and then did a reinstall, it still had all the event categories and items so the remove did not clean out the database.
    Let me know.
    Thanks,
    Rich.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

I’m sorry to hear that you are still having issues with this.

There is a setting in Events > Settings > General > “Permanently delete events older than” that will delete older events. However, the earliest option is 3 months. It also doesn’t remove tickets or attendees or other data.

You may also give this plugin a try: https://wordpress.org/plugins/bulk-delete/ It will allow you to delete all post types created by our plugin, and use a more specific timeframe.

I took a look at your attempted imports. I tried doing an import from the same url on my local test install, and it is not able to even connect to generate a preview. All of your attempted imports from this URL are showing “No data sent to the client.” There seems to be something wrong with the data in the file being served from there.

Are you able to import from any other URLs? You can try an example calendar like this one to test: https://p15-calendars.icloud.com/holidays/us_en.ics

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Import Stuck’ is closed to new replies.