Events have disappeared from the calendar Part 2

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events have disappeared from the calendar Part 2

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Becky Raney
    Participant

Starting a new thread because last was closed:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/events-have-disappeared-from-the-calendar/#post-1299901

Events disappeared again today, it’s been about three weeks in between the breaking this time, better. But the customer is upset and wants to stop using this and get a full refund if we don’t come up with a fix. They’re getting calls and it’s become a big drama in their office.

I have done everything asked, and we still can’t isolate it.

I made sure not to do any updates to modules or system or anything, and it just dropped all events again today. Please please please give me something else to try.

What I just did, was went in the backdoor while it was broken, ran all the updates to see if maybe some glitches have since been fixed, and then went back in and put my clean database from 6/16/2017 back in it and got the events to show up. This is not the most recent calendar now for them, and that is troubling.

What else can I do? Thank you for your time, Krystal

Barry

Really sorry to hear that, Becky.

Is there any pattern to this? For example, is it only recurring events this occurs with or anything of that order?

The only time The Events Calendar/Events Calendar PRO will delete events automatically is when a recurring event falls out of the “clean up” window (defined via the Clean up recurring events after setting found in the Events → Settings → General screen).

If that doesn’t match what’s happening … then honestly, I’m baffled. We do know, though, that other users aren’t hitting this so whatever the cause it would appear to be specific to your site.

Here’s a possible way for us to investigate further: make a backup of your site’s database now (unless you have a very recent backup anyway) then wait for the next time this problem surfaces. Then, take a backup of the database with the missing event. If you can share both with us (with, of course, a note about which event has disappeared) we can investigate further.

Is that possible?

Barry

This reply is private.

Becky Raney
    Participant

Thank you for your response Barry.

No, I have not found a pattern, or why all of the events would disappear like this. Did you read the previous thread of all the things we tried? https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/events-have-disappeared-from-the-calendar/#post-1299901, just want to make sure.

I have a copy of a recent working database, but have not backed one up when it’s broken. I can do that when/if it happens again.

I am questioning your comment about “outside the clean up” settings on reocurring events.
    Here is what those settings are set to:

Clean up recurring events after 12 months. Automatically remove recurring event instances older than this
    Create recurring events in advance for 12 months. Recurring events will be created this far in advance

Do you recommend changing that?

Thank you, Krystal

Barry

Hi Krystal,

I did indeed read through the previous topic.

I am questioning your comment about “outside the clean up” settings on reocurring events.

Do you recommend changing that?

Not unless it makes sense to you to change it. Mostly I was asking in case it happened to be the case that these settings coincided with the dates of the events that are being dropped/going missing … but it doesn’t sound as if that is the case.

Beyond that, besides what we discussed about database backups, something you could try is creating a clean, parallel installation of WordPress – inside a subdirectory perhaps (like example.com/testwp) and install only our plugins and a default theme here. If you populate this with similar content, do you find the same strange behaviour is also found there?

This could be another way to close in on the possibility of a conflict/some other code running on your live site being responsible for the problem.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Events have disappeared from the calendar Part 2’ is closed to new replies.