Events from one page not importing

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Events from one page not importing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Stefaan
    Participant

Hi,

Apparently I have issues with the Facebook Events on very specific pages. I have already tried adding the name of the page and the id, but in both cases the events do not import.

The name / id in question :

The-Bonding-Dram

The errors I get :

Facebook API Error: (#803) Some of the aliases you requested do not exist: The-Bonding-Dram

Facebook API Error: Unsupported get request. Please read the Graph API documentation at https://developers.facebook.com/docs/graph-api

Is there anything I’m doing wrong ? I’ve noticed the last error on an other page too, but was able to fix it by using the name of the page instead of the ID.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are having. I can help out here.

The error “Unsupported get request” is coming from a Page that has either an age or country restriction so the event is not available to the general public of the graph API.

We have this article that explains this more and a way to change the Facebook Page to enable imports (if possible)

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/facebook-api-errors/

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Stefaan
    Participant

Well, I checked with the person in charge of the page, and he said there was nog age / country restriction on that page.

Stefaan
    Participant

I will get in touch with them, maybe they didn’t understand my question correctly 🙂

Brian
    Keymaster

It is possible Facebook added the restriction to the page based on the content or when setting it up they did not realize what the setting did and selected it as it is alcohol related.

Unfortunately, There is no way around getting events from a page with restrictions, that is part of Facebook’s API.

Stefaan
    Participant

Hi,

I double checked with the owners of those pages and they told me there are no restrictions on the page. Additionally I tried importing some of the events manually using their ID and even that isn’t working at all. Some examples :

Those are events I tried to import using their Id, but that didn’t work. Event 430146027139913 is from one of the pages I’m having trouble with, the other is from an individual I believe.

Brian
    Keymaster

Unfortunately, there is nothing we can change on our coding to make this work on that page. Facebook is saying the Page has a restriction and their API is not pulling data.

I looked at those events and even if the owner did not set a restriction since they are alcohol related Facebook can add it’s own restrictions to it.

The Facebook API believes their is a restriction and there is no way for us for get around that.

Brian
    Keymaster

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Events from one page not importing’ is closed to new replies.