Events filters won't work

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events filters won't work

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Thomas BILLOUX
    Participant

Hi,

the Event Calendar Pro filters don’t seem to work any more (we just noticed that a couple of days ago).
    Both Event Calendar & Event Calendar Pro plugins are up to date. We are on an older WordPress version but we ran tests on a private server with a WP 4.9.8, and ended up with the same issues.

We are based in France and use a european date format, but the plugin used to work fine until now…

Any help would be appreciated 🙂

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas,

I’m sorry that you’re running into this issue, but I’ll be happy to help you out!

Can you please clarify what you mean by the Events Calendar Pro filters? Any screenshots or links (directly to the page where you’re using the filters) would be helpful as well.

If you haven’t done so already, you’ll also want to run through the steps outlined here to check for any conflicts that might be occurring between the current versions of our plugins and your theme/other plugins. This means dropping down to a completely default environment (all other plugins besides The Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro disabled and the Twentyseventeen theme enabled) to see if this is still happening there. Please make sure to have WP_DEBUG enabled and copy/paste any errors that you see into your reply.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Thomas BILLOUX
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,

Sorry for the lack of screenshots, here is one. I cannot give you a link though, as this functionnality is only used in back-office.
    But thanks to the link you provided, and following the step maybe more thoroughly than we had at first, we found that the problem seems to come from an conflict with the Yoast SEO plugin.

After realizing that, we made sure that both plugins were up to date by installing the last available versions of both Yoast and The Event Calendar Pro, but the conflict remains.

I know conflicts with Yoast have been an issue in the past… Is this a problem known by others right now ?

Thanks for your help & advices !

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for sending that screenshot! I see that you are referring to Advanced Post Manager…when you say that the filters aren’t working, are they simply not filtering or are you seeing any errors? Based on your screenshot, it looks like you are able to select the start date as a filter, but not able to enter the date – is that correct? Can you check for any Javascript errors on the page by right-clicking, clicking “Inspect”, and going to the console while you try to recreate the issue?

Thomas BILLOUX
    Participant

Hello and thanks Jenifer for your reply !

In fact, the problem is that when we filter with a starting or an ending date event (no matter the date “is” or “before” or “after”), the results display on the table below are not correct. We don’t think the problem relies on date pickers, because they seem to work correctly.

In the screenshot, you can see that we asked only for events starting on December 8th, but the result also shows events recorded before this date.

The most strange thing is that when you look at the number of elements (on the right-top hand of the results table), you can see that the count of elements is correct : we only have one event in this exemple for events starting on December 8th. And the Excel export is also correct, as he only shows our only event in this case too.

I’ve tried to inspect Javascript error on the page, but nothing is showing up…

Thanks again for your support and help !

Best regards

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Got it, thanks for clarifying! I tested this out on my end, but I was not able to recreate this issue locally…using the same filters, only events for the selected date were being displayed. Are you seeing the same thing in a completely default environment (all other plugins besides The Events Calendar, Advanced Post Manager, and Events Calendar Pro disabled and a default theme like Twentyseventeen enabled)?

Thomas BILLOUX
    Participant

Hello Jennifer,

Sorry for this late reply. I’ve tried your suggestions : disabled theme and all extensions except Event Calendar plugins. At this moment, the plugin reacts correctly and filters works as requested.

So, we enabled plugins one by one and we noticed that the problem is there when “Yoast SEO” (free version) is activated. I’ve seen on your website that there may be conflicts with this plugin (you’re work on it with Yoast team)… I tried to update this morning with version 8 update of Yoast, unfortunately with no better result for the moment.

Please keep us informed of updates on this case ! We’ll try to find and alternative for SEO plugin in the meantime.

Have a nice day,

Best regards

Thomas

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for running through those steps! I’m glad that you were able to find the source of the issue…it looks like some users were able to get everything working by adjusting some of the settings within Yoast, such as the “Text Link Counter”. Can you try adjusting your settings as well to see if that makes a difference?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Thomas BILLOUX
    Participant

Hello Jennifer,

Disabling “Text Link Counter” in Yoast seems to work great in our case ! Thanks for the tip.

We can close the issue now. Thank you very much for your assistance.

Have a very nice day,

Best regards !

Thomas

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas,

So glad to hear that worked! Please let me know if you run into any other issues!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Events filters won't work’ is closed to new replies.