Events duplicated without my doing

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events duplicated without my doing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Sharon Smith
    Participant

HI, Help!

I have Events Calendar Pro. Here is the page I am referring to:
    http://www.taosharon.com/events/2016-06/

You will see on 6/22- 3 events that are the same: Microcosmic Orbit Meditation. I did not input those events although I do that event every month. It is also on 5/25.

When I try to go to the page to edit it, I get a 404.

I have tried what is suggested in troubleshooting – permalinks, etc. Including clearing the browser cache & deactivating plugins, changing themes, etc. This is not a conflict issue as it remains there no matter what. How do I find these listings to delete them??? And why are they there in the first place?
    Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
    Sharon
    http://www.taosharon.com

Geoff

Howdy Sharon, and welcome to the forums!

So sorry for the trouble here with duplicated events — that’s definitely odd and I’d be happy to look into it with you.

First off, have you tried deleting the event? In other words, does it still show up on the calendar after it has been deleted?

If so, let’s stop right there and diagnose a little further. If the event is still there after it has been deleted, it would be awesome of you could head to Events > Settings > Help, copy the System Information at the bottom of the screen, and paste it here as a private reply.

If the event is no longer showing on the calendar once it’s been deleted, then please try re-creating the event, this time with a different URL and perhaps a slightly different title. If the event duplicates from there, then it would be great if could take a screenshot of that event’s settings in the editor and share it here with me so I can see how it’s set up.

Thanks so much!
    Geoff

Sharon Smith
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

This reply is private.

Sharon Smith
    Participant

This reply is private.

Sharon Smith
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Thanks so much, Sharon!

Hmm, it looks like you’re all up to date and the settings are all good.

I do see the repeated events on June 22 just as you describe them. Sometimes, a plugin or theme on a site will use caching, which retains the information even after it’s gone and will remain so until the site has “flushed” its cache. Will you please follow the steps outlined here for me? It will provide a few steps, one of which will flush the site’s pernalinks as a first course of action.

I hope that does the trick but, if it doesn’t, then I think it would be helpful to go through our standard troubleshooting steps to do a more thorough check on the caching. I see you have noted the following:

• Deactivated all other plugins? Yes
    • Switched to a default theme? Yes

Did you notice any difference when only using a default WordPress theme (like Twenty Sixteen) and having no other plugins installed?

Thanks so much for your patience while we work on this together!

Geoff

Sharon Smith
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

This reply is private.

Sharon Smith
    Participant

This reply is private.

Sharon Smith
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

This reply is private.

Sharon Smith
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

This reply is private.

Sharon Smith
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Events duplicated without my doing’ is closed to new replies.