/events/community/add/ – Creates 500 Error

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events /events/community/add/ – Creates 500 Error

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    RJ Jacob
    Participant

Clicking the link to start a Community Event (regardless of the configuration of the plugin) causes the 500 Error.

WP debug.log

[18-Jan-2018 13:38:57 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in /home/momga/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php on line 1621
    [18-Jan-2018 13:38:57 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in Unknown on line 0
    [18-Jan-2018 13:38:57 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

I changed the path to “events/members/add”. There is a link to it at the bottom of the /events/ page. Full URL https://momga.org/events/members/add.

Thank you.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by RJ Jacob.
    Brendan
    Keymaster

Thanks for email support and sorry you are having issues. Sounds like there is a conflict. To get you started on troubleshooting: First, please make sure you are using the most current versions of all of our plugins. You can also try reinstalling them by following these instructions. If that doesn’t help, the next step in troubleshooting this is going to be testing for conflicts with your theme and other plugins (with WP_DEBUG enabled). If you need a testing environment, the free WP Staging plugin will let you create a quick copy of your live site that you can use for testing.

Let me know what you find.

Thanks,
    Brendan

RJ Jacob
    Participant

Thanks. I didn’t know about the staging plugin. I’ll give that a try. I did upload my system information when I started the support ticket which should show all plugins (including MT) and versions. Perhaps you are unable to see it? And I enabled WP Debug as that is where the errors were copied from.

Still, I appreciate your help and will try to test a bit further and report what I find.

Regards,

RJ

RJ Jacob
    Participant

I set up a staging site (but I couldn’t use the staging plugin you recommended without significant hassle as it disabled pretty links and the Community Calendar requires them) and eventually discovered a conflict with the Toolset (WP Types) Layout plugin. Whenever I disabled that, the Community Calendar links worked.

I’ve submitted a support request to Toolset/WP Types (On the Go Systems) as they had issues with the Calendar plugin a couple of years ago and had a workaround. Hopefully, they can do the same for the Community plugin as well.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi RJ,

Good to know. Let us know if they respond with solution so other customers can find this thread helpful.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘/events/community/add/ – Creates 500 Error’ is closed to new replies.