Events coming up as free

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Events coming up as free

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    bluebeesocial
    Participant

I can’t get the plugin to remove the free from the individual posts. It is appearing at the top and within the greyed out area. I am going to have to look at a different solution if this is not addressed today guys. Please could you check out my site and let me know what I need to do, or better still, fix the bug on the plugin so we can all use it as it was meant to be used. Being a premium plugin it would be appreciated if you could look at this as a priority or refund the purchase price of the plugin.
    Thanks

bluebeesocial
    Participant

Is anyone having the problem where the list view is now showing free again even with the coding added from above? I’ve managed to get the second coding to remove the ‘Free’ in the title from the individual page but now the Free is showing up on the list view. Still has free on the greyed out view on individual as well. I’ve moved the coding to be a above the @media section on style.css. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. My marketing started before Christmas for my workshops and this is a major pain in the …..

Thanks heaps.

stevebrickle
    Participant

It’s working perfectly for me.

Did you copy all of the code from above, it’s formatted badly

<span class=”para_break”><i class=”copy_only”>`
    </i></span>.tribe-events-list .tribe-events-event-cost span {
    display: none;
    }

</i></span>`

Did you make sure that there were no @media sections above your placement of that code@

It’s working fine for me on the listing and the single event

They will be back tomorrow

bluebeesocial
    Participant

Thanks Steve, That has helped Steve but I still have Cost: Free in the grey section on the individual events. Yes, will just have to wait until they get back from holidays.

stevebrickle
    Participant

Now I understand why you are having an issue on the individual page and I am not…..

Mu client had requested a slightly different layout on the individual page and so I had set-up a tribe-events folder in my theme folder and modified the single-event.php that I put in there.

These modifications had removed the “grey” area, leaving the real cost showing only in the ticket form below

However there is a second batch of code above which should remove the free label on the single-event page

.tribe-events-schedule .tribe-events-divider,
    .tribe-events-schedule .tribe-events-cost {
    }

Did you employ that?

Steve

Josh
    Participant

Hey Everyone!

Sorry for the delayed response! We’ve been taking a break to spend time with our families over the holiday season.

Steve, thanks for the helpful suggestions! We love seeing users within the community offering support for other users!

bluebeesocial, it appears there may be a few more selectors that need to be added to the list for the temporary CSS fix. Try adding “.tribe-events-event-cost” to the list like so:

.tribe-events-schedule .tribe-events-cost,
    .tribe-events-event-cost {

}

Also, like Geoff mentioned in the post linked to by Bennie, we are currently addressing an official fix for this issue within the next maintenance release. Barring any unforeseen issues with the implementation, this release should be available shortly.

Thanks!

Bennie
    Participant

Thanks Josh, when is ‘shortly’? Hours? Days? Weeks?

Thanks
    Bennie

bluebeesocial
    Participant

Can you provide the full coding to include Josh as I’m not sure where to add your additional piece. I’ve got this in my editor style sheet above the @media and I still have the cost: free in the grey section.

</i></span>.tribe-events-list .tribe-events-event-cost span {
    }

</i></span>`

}.tribe-events-schedule .tribe-events-divider,

}

Josh
    Participant

Hey Bluebeesocial,

No problem. The exact code you would add (I’ve added an additional “!important” to ensure the styles persist) to the very bottom of your theme or child theme’s CSS file would be:

display: none!important;

}

This should force this style to override any other styles set within the plugin or theme.

Let me know if this helps.

Benny,

Prior to the holiday season, the goal was to have the maintenance release for this version ready the first week of January. Since this is the beginning of that week, we will be shooting for the end of the week. However, it may get pushed a little into next week to ensure we have time to do some necessary Quality Control reviews before sending the updates out into the wild.

Thanks!

bluebeesocial
    Participant

Great. Thanks Josh. That has removed the Free from the grey section. Any chance you could help me to remove the ‘Cost’ title from that grey section because now it is sitting on top of the event category title but with nothing at all in the field. http://bluebeesocial.com.au/events/social-media-marketing-bootcamp-2/

Thanks
    Mel

Josh
    Participant

Hey bluebeesocial,

Awesome! Glad you were able to get that temporary solution applied.

Looking into that element I actually don’t see a way to target that specific title for all of your events using CSS. An alternative would be to add the following to the bottom of  your theme’s “functions.php” file.

add_filter( 'tribe_get_formatted_cost', 'tribe_temp_price_removal' );
    function tribe_temp_price_removal() {
    return null;
    }

Keep in mind though that this and the other CSS changes will need to be removed once the updates are released for the Eventbrite plugin shortly.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

spuncreative
    Participant

This reply is private.

Josh
    Participant

Hey spuncreative,

I apologize for the delay . Our maintenance release is going through QA at this moment and should be release shortly. We’ve had a few delays but we are working to get this release out as quickly as possible.

Thanks!

Bennie
    Participant

This reply is private.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Bennie,

I definitely understand your concern and frustration. We usually do get our maintenance releases out pretty quickly after a release. This cycle has been a little different with the holidays falling in the middle of the process.

However, we did provide a temporary fix to prevent the “Free” tickets from displaying on your site until the update is available. Were you able to get that working to remove those labels from your site?

Again, I apologize for the issue and the delay. We take the quality of our plugins very seriously. Occasionally some releases may take longer than others so we have time to review and test the changes that have been made. But, this is all part of the process to help ensure the overall quality of the plugins.

Again, I do sincerely apologize for the delay. We are actively working on this maintenance release in order to get it ready as quickly as possible.

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • The topic ‘Events coming up as free’ is closed to new replies.