Events coming up as free

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Events coming up as free

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    bluebeesocial
    Participant

Hi there, I have prices against all my events however they are coming up as free on my site. Can’t work out what is going on as they were displaying fine last week. Thanks
    Mel

Josh
    Participant

Hello bluebeesocial,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

This is definitely a strange issue to be having. When adding the prices for the event, did you add the price in the Eventbrite “cost” field (https://cloudup.com/cGaSSP7ZPSU) for each ticket or were prices set in the default “cost” field (https://cloudup.com/clty4pHVxSh) prior to adding the Eventbrite plugin?

Thanks!

bluebeesocial
    Participant

The costs were set in eventbrite and it was brought into wordpress. The costs are appearing still at the bottom of the event post and you can see they are in eventbrite http://www.eventbrite.com.au/o/melanie-brennan-bluebee-social-7648256637. But for some reason it is not showing up at the top of the post and in the boxes on the event page.

bluebeesocial
    Participant

Thanks

bluebeesocial
    Participant

Just wanted to clarify that I’d added the plugin then imported the events and they were working fine, but then overnight they have changed. Not because of a plugin or anything. Is there a place where you can tick free or something that I should go to and disable? This is a bit urgent as you can imagine with events. I’ve just printed a flyer and distributed it locally and was planning on putting out an enewsletter about the events on Thursday. Woudl really like to sort this out asap. Thanks

stevebrickle
    Participant

I too am having the same issue. Prices show as Free on Events page but with the correct price on the individual page

bluebeesocial
    Participant

Hi guys, this is a pretty urgent issue. Could you please take a look at it asap??? Thanks

Owen
    Participant

I am also having this issue this week.

stevebrickle
    Participant

As I am not alone having this issue…..a little love and attention would not go adrift on this topic, getting hassled by client now

Josh
    Participant

Hey Everyone,

I apologize for the delayed response.

I’m digging into trying to recreate this issue and look into a temporary solution if I’m able to recreate. Our site, http://tri.be will be going offline for a few minutes this afternoon as we migrate to a new website dedicated to The Events Calendar. To ensure there isn’t a lag in getting everyone in this thread a response, I’m collecting the email addresses from your profiles and will email everyone the results of testing.

I apologize for the inconvenience, hopefully we can get this sorted out for you guys quickly.

Thanks!

stevebrickle
    Participant

Hi Josh,

If you can’t recreate it, you are more than welcome to take a look at the innards of the site that I am having an issue with

Josh
    Participant

Owen,

I wasn’t able to find your email address prior to the site going down yesterday. Here is the email that got sent out yesterday for your reference:

“Hey!<span class=”para_break”><i class=”copy_only”>
    </i></span>Thanks for your patience as we work to get our new site live! Since we understand the nature of this particular issue with “Free” pricing on Eventbrite events, we wanted to go ahead and follow up with you guys via email.

We did some testing and were able to verify that this is a bug with the latest version of the plugin. As a temporary fix, since the tickets still display appropriately on single events, the simplest option will be to hide the price range from the list view. To do this, you can add the following to your theme’s “style.css” file.

<span class=”para_break”><i class=”copy_only”>`
    </i></span>.tribe-events-list .tribe-events-event-cost span {
    display: none;
    }

<span class=”para_break”><i class=”copy_only”>`
    </i></span>Again, we appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused. When our site is back up, we’ll tag your support thread with the necessary information to ensure that you’re updated on the progress of this particular issue.

Thanks!”

Additionally, there was a response referring to the display at the very top of the single event display. That can also be temporarily removed using CSS with the following snippet:

.tribe-events-schedule .tribe-events-divider,
    .tribe-events-schedule .tribe-events-cost {
    display: none;
    }

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused. Let me know if you have any further questions about this issue.

Thanks!

bluebeesocial
    Participant

I’ve tried adding that last coding to my style css but it isn’t doing anything. Can you give me more instructions on where to add it if I’m adding it to the wrong place. Thanks

stevebrickle
    Participant

It worked for me…make sure you add it in the main section of the css rather than towards the end. Lots of style sheets these days have the @media sections at the end. Adding it in those sections will have no effect on a normal screen. I am speaking from experience here as I added it at the end and could see no difference. I moved it to the main section and all was well

Bennie
    Participant

Hey folks, I’m new to this plugin (bought it last night) and given the support on this one, wondering if that was a wise decision – a turn-around time of more than 3 weeks on a priority issue worries me.

Here https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/price-showing-as-free/ Geoff suggested that a fix will be out by (I quote) ‘the first week of January’. The first week in January has come and gone – any ideas on when a fix wil be available?

Thanks
    Bennie

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • The topic ‘Events coming up as free’ is closed to new replies.