"Events cannot be imported because Facebook has returned an error"

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator "Events cannot be imported because Facebook has returned an error"

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Thomas
    Participant

Hi – I just purchased the Event Aggregator (EA) today, and I made sure I set up my FaceBook API (and pointed towards the group I wanted to import from, a group that I’m also FB Admin to!). But I keep getting this error:

Events cannot be imported because Facebook has returned an error. This could mean that the event ID does not exist, the event or source is marked as Private, or the event or source has been otherwise restricted by Facebook. You can read more about Facebook restrictions in our knowledgebase.

1) I link to a group which I’m an admin on
    2) i know infact there are events
    3) I’ve also tried to import directly from an event link
    4) I have set the rights correctly (also tried to remove the API FB rights and reenabled it again
    5) The site/event doesn’t contain any profanity, alcohol reference or other stuff listed in your guide (we are a triathlon club 🙂
    6) The group (hence the event) is “private”, not hidden in Facebook term… Since the 4 FB pages I i want to schedule an import from are ALL mine (I’m Admin), and also are ALL private, I hope i still can perform this import, otherwise I can’t use this plugin

So what to do?

Regards
    Thomas

Hunter

Hey Thomas,

Thank you for reaching out. I am able to import events from a Facebook Group I manage, even when the group is set to ‘Private’ setting on Facebook.

Can you please review our Testing for conflicts guide and report back with your findings? If you’ve already done that, are you able to create a test environment using only our plugins and the default theme to see if you can reproduce the issue?

Let me know and we’ll proceed from there. Thanks and have a good evening. Cheers 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘"Events cannot be imported because Facebook has returned an error"’ is closed to new replies.