events calendar widget shows one past event instead of 5 upcoming

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO events calendar widget shows one past event instead of 5 upcoming

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mark summerfield
    Participant

My events calendar widget is set to show 5 upcoming events from one specific, but instead it only shows one old past event. I have the latest versions of the plugins and have tried troubleshooting by re-adding the widget and deactivating all other widgets.

Geoff B.

Good evening Mike / Karen / Rebecca and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the issue you have been experiencing with the upcoming events widget. We will gladly try to assist you on this topic.

It is also great news that you have already tried deactivating and activating all other widgets.

With that in mind, as a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your system information in a private reply ?

Another thing you might want to try out is to temporarily change your WordPress theme to a default WordPress theme (such as twenty-fifteen) to see if the issue is still there.

Finally, what would be super helpful is if you provided a link to the website that has the current issue.

Thank you in advance.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

mark summerfield
    Participant

I did install a fresh copy of the twenty fourteen theme and the widget seemed to work fine when activated. How do I got about fixing the widget in the theme the website currently uses? Do you have a guide for that or can you tell me what would need to change on my individual theme?

Geoff B.

Good evening,

This is an excellent question.

It sounds like there is a theme conflict or a broken theme customization going on.
    It would probably be easier to help you out with your system information (in a private reply), but in the end it is totally up to you.

Some WordPress theme are notorious for not playing nicely with other plugins, which is why we have a couple of theme specific patches available.

But, if you want to tackle this on your own, you should start by reading  our Themer’s guide.
    There is a good chance you might already have a customization in place which you can verify easily by looking for a tribe-events folder in your theme.

If you do indeed have such a folder, then it will be a matter of comparing the customized file to the untouched file from the plugin.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘events calendar widget shows one past event instead of 5 upcoming’ is closed to new replies.