Events Calendar Scheduled Imports Not Saving

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar Scheduled Imports Not Saving

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Kathryn
    Participant

I have The Events Calendar and Event Aggregator installed on an AWS EC-2 Server.

The calendar events are being imported when I initially schedule the imports, but it doesn’t get saved or run again on the schedule like it’s supposed to.

Both plugins are freshly installed and I have customized nothing except for inputting my licenses. I also installed WP-Crontrol and the following CRON functions appear to be running:

tribe_aggregator_cron
    tribe_aggregator_process_insert_records
    tribe_events_pro_process_recurring_events

Not only is the Scheduled Imports section empty, the History section is also empty.

I have installed both plugins on a site on my local machine and it works correctly, so it seems like it might be something with the server?

Thoughts?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Kathryn,

Thanks for using our plugins and welcome to the forums!

I’m really sorry about this issue with Event Aggregator. Let me try to help you with that.

By default the “Scheduled imports” and “History” tabs only show up if there is something in them. On a clean install you don’t see those 2. If you did an import, then “History” will show up and only if you have some scheduled imports set up should you see the “Scheduled imports” tab.

So most probably you have them set up, they just don’t show for some reason.

As a first step I would like to ask you to go through our conflict testing guide and see if that brings up anything. Please share with me the results and we’ll continue from there.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Kathryn
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello again Kathryn,

Thanks for hanging in there. I had some discussions with team members trying to nail down this issue.

in the Event Log, there is an error every fifteen minutes

A note on this, these are not errors as such – just useful bits of data that are recorded to help us build a better picture of the problem.

The empty “History” and “Scheduled imports” are a curious issue.

Could you possibly do the following:

Enable

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

and

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );

in your wp-config.php file and re-visit the pages to see if any error messages are printed out on the screen? (WP_DEBUG should already be near the bottom of the file, you just need to set it to true. And add the other line below.)

Also open the web developer tools of your browser (usually Ctrl + Shift + I), switch to the Console tab and reload the page. See if you get any error messages in your console.

Here are 2 posts that can give you some help on the browser developer tools, in case you are not familiar with them:

https://theeventscalendar.com/wordpress-web-developer-extensions/
    https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-google-chrome-developer-tools/
    Let me know if that turns up anything.

Thanks,
    Andras

Kathryn
    Participant

This reply is private.

Kathryn
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Kathryn,

Thanks for checking that for me. It looks like we found a bug there. I logged an internal bugticket for this so our developers can get a fix done. At this moment I don’t know how long that is going to take, but I will also check if someone can do a quick temporary fix for you. Hang in there.

Cheers,
    Andras

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Kathryn,

Quick update on this issue. I think there is a decent likelihood that this is a plugin conflict, however it happens when the EA record is created. Basically a plugin is changing some data that we save to the database. Thus the data will continue to be malformed even after the conflicting plugin is deactivated, because the problem happened when it was initially saved.

That said, I also think there might be an easy solution to this problem. We are not able to reproduce it on our end, but looking at the code I can see a way we might be able to protect against this sort of conflict. Would you be interested in altering a line of code within the plugin and seeing if this issue goes away for you? If it does, we can include this simple fix in an upcoming version of our plugin, and prevent issues like this regardless of how they crop up.

The code you could change is inside of /the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Aggregator/Record/List_Table.php. On line 288 in that file you should see:

$origin_instance = Tribe__Events__Aggregator__Records::instance()->get_by_origin( $origin );

Could you try changing that to:

$origin_instance = Tribe__Events__Aggregator__Records::instance()->get_by_origin( $origin );

if ( null === $origin_instance ) {
       continue;
    }

And now revisit the page that the error was appearing on. Does the error go away. Does the page look and behave normally now?

Cheers!

– Brook

Kathryn
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

Hi there Kathryn,

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 1st May 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

It’s actually what Brook suggested you change in the code, being baked in now.

Find out more about the release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-1st-may-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar Scheduled Imports Not Saving’ is closed to new replies.