Events Calendar Pro Update to 4.0.7 Failed

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar Pro Update to 4.0.7 Failed

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    k24small
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to update Events Calendar Pro from 4.0.6 to 4.0.7 and each attempt to update failed with the following message.
    The plugin events-calendar-pro/events-calendar-pro.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.
    I have been able to revert my site back to it’s previous state but I need your assistance with resolving this issue.

Site URL: http://northbanknow.com/
    WordPress Version: 4.3.2
    Events Calendar Version: 4.0.6
    Events Calendar Pro Version: 4.0.6

Jonathan Goldford
    Participant

We received this same error when trying to upgrade to version 4.1. It looks like what’s happening is that the plugin folder names are changing within wp-content/plugins, which is causing that error to appear and the plugins to deactivate. Here are the new folder names we’re seeing:

The Events Calendar PRO – theeventscalendar.compu_request_pluginevents-calendar-proversion4.1pu_get_download1pue_active_version4.0-UQBxdS
    The Events Calendar: Community Events – theeventscalendar.compu_request_pluginevents-communityversion4.1pu_get_download1pue_active_version4.0-bmdo7V

We also had to revert our site back to a previous version. Please let us know when this is fixed.

Jonathan

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are having. I got the same results on my test site as well.

Reactivating the plugins even with the long directory names should enable the plugins to work.

Or manually updating using these steps should resolve the issue as well:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/manual-updates/

We are working on fixing this and will update you once we have some progress.

Thanks

Jonathan Goldford
    Participant

Thanks Brian. We’ll wait to update until you have the issue resolved.

Brian
    Keymaster

We will update this thread once we have a fix.

Thanks

Jonathan Goldford
    Participant

Hi Brian,

Has there been any update on this? Are we able to upgrade the plugins using the WordPress admin at this point?

Thanks.

Jonathan

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

We have fixed the folder changing issue and updating from the Admin will get the correct folder name now.

k24small
    Participant

So the update is now good to go?

Brian
    Keymaster

Yep

k24small
    Participant

Excellent. Thank you!

Brian
    Keymaster

Great, glad it helps, I am going to go ahead and close this ticket, but if you need help on this or something else please post a new ticket.

Thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar Pro Update to 4.0.7 Failed’ is closed to new replies.