Events Calendar PRO translate

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar PRO translate

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Vuk
    Participant

Hey guys,

I have found one problem after your last update. “Month” and “List” are not translated. There isn’t even string “Month” or “List” to be translated, just “month” and “list” (capital vs lower case letters).

I am using loco translate plugin for translation. The language is Serbian (i translated it to latin, parts where on cyrilic before)

Any suggestion or help will be appreciated.

I will attach screenshots.

Thanks,
    Best Regards

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Vuk and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about strings no longer being translated after the latest update.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

When translation file strings are not kicking in, it is usually caused by one of the following things:

1. Your translation files are not up to date
    2. You are using some customized translation files that have been placed in the /wp-content/languages/ or /wp-content/languages/plugins/ folder. These might not be updated and will override any other file.
    3. The strings are translated, but are considered “fuzzy”

In the first 2 cases, the solution is to update your translation files using the pot file. You can do this by using the Poedit software and heading to Catalog > Update from pot file.

In the last case, you will need to make them “unfuzzy” using Poedit.

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Secondly, for the record, there are separate language files for the Events Calendar and the Events Calendar Pro. You might have to go through all of them to find what you are looking for.

Finally, the screenshot you have sent me with “month” and “list” is actually a customization.
    In other words, this is not how things look out of the box.

This means that it is possible that you might have to update your customized theme for things to work.

If my suggestions above do not produce results, could you please send me a copy of the latest version of your WordPress theme / child theme via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ? I recommend a private reply for that purpose.

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.
    This way I will get access to any updates or customizations you might have made.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Vuk
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Vuk,

Thank you for writing back.

Can You please tell me what do you mean by “customizations” and what should i do to update your customized theme for things to work ?

What I mean is that the way your site looks when it comes down to the view selector is completely different than what we offer built-in.

Just take a look at our demo site to get a sense of what I mean: http://wpshindig.com/events/

The only way this can be this the case is through some template override.
    You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

Could you please send me a copy of the latest version of your WordPress theme / child theme via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ? I recommend a private reply for that purpose.

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.
    This way I will get access to any updates or customizations you might have made.

I’ll try to find a solution, but I looked at .pot file and there is no “Month” or “List” there. Should I add them manually ? I’m not sure how these translations work. However i know that this “loco plugin” actually searches for strings in php files.

I highly recommend reading the 3 following articles on translation:

Normally, the Month string is in the Croatian language file for the Events Calendar.
    You can also check here if you want: https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/the-events-calendar/stable

Out of curiosity, can you tell me if you the Events Calendar related language files located in the à /wp-content/languages/ or /wp-content/languages/plugins/ folder?

Hang in there!

Geoff B.

Vuk
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Vuk,

I am super stoked that you found a solution to the issue.

Thank you for sharing the solution too. It might very well benefit other users of Loco Translate.

I am glad you like the plugin so far 🙂
    And you are right, this is a pretty sweet theme!

You are welcome back in our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Geoff B.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar PRO translate’ is closed to new replies.