Events Calendar Pro map displaying as grey box

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar Pro map displaying as grey box

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    jmegordon
    Participant

Good morning,

My not-for-profit organisation has just purchased the Events Calendar Pro for our website. I have set up as instructed using the tutorials and searched the forums for help, but I am unable to find a solution. Unfortunately when I select the map view, the map only displays as a grey box. I’m unsure why this is and can’t seem to fix.

Could anyone offer any advice or support please?

http://tabletennisengland.co.uk/events/map/

Many thanks

George
    Participant

Hey Gerry,

Thank you for buying a license! I’m sorry that your reward for that thus far has been the gray box where a map should be…

I checked out the link you provided and noticed a few JavaScript errors, which can definitely – and usually do – cause this sort of behavior with the empty gray box.

Can you try deactivating a plugin on your site called “Ubermenu” or something like that, and then check out the Map View and see if anything changes?

If not, I’d encourage you to run through the rest of the steps outlined here → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/ (Though, to be clear, if deactivating Ubermenu resolves this, no need to continue with all these steps! 🙂 )

Those steps may seem tedious but are pretty quick to work through – and this process will help us reveal or rule out potential theme or plugin conflicts.

Let us know what you find!

Thanks,
    George

jmegordon
    Participant

Thanks George.

I have deactivated the Ubermenu plugin, however it is to no avail. I have also gone through disabling the plugins individually, and I cannot find what is causing this.

What should I try next?

Many thanks,

George
    Participant

Thank you for testing that Gerry – if you get your site in this state where all the non-Events Calendar plugins are deactivated, can you then try switching your theme to a default theme like “Twenty Twelve” or something, and see how the map view behaves in this state?

Thank you!
    George

jmegordon
    Participant

Hi George,

Thanks for responding. It works fine in this state, so I am guessing this is an issue with our custom theme. Is there something that could be missing from our theme or functions file?

Many thanks,

George
    Participant

Thanks for the update Gerry! Unfortunately, this does sound like a theme conflict and your best course of action is to contact the theme developers – they may indeed be able to point out if there’s a missing file or something like that. I, unfortunately, am not sure of that myself.

Best of luck with your site and with snuffing out this conflict! If any other questions/comments/concerns arise, come back and open a new thread any time 🙂

Thanks,
    George

jmegordon
    Participant

Hi George,

We developed the theme in house. Is there any basic functions.php that need to be included in order for the calendar to function?

Many thanks,

George
    Participant

Hey Gerry,

No, there is not a basic set of functions that is required in the theme for The Events Calendar or its add-ons to work properly. The basic requirements of a theme are required, however: proper placement and pervasive use of the wp_head() and wp_footer() functions; valid HTML markup for the templates; and bug-free JavaScript.

If you verify each of these three things as a starting point, the calendar should work. There could indeed be remaining issues, but these first three “core” things I listed are by and large the most common causes of theme problems that I’ve seen over the years.

I hope this is somewhat helpful, or at least gives you a place to start!

Cheers,
    George

jmegordon
    Participant

Hi George,

Sorry I started another thread as I couldn’t locate this – but just found it! It’s a conflict with the following lines of code that display our Revive Adverts. Could you please advise as to how I can display both scripts without them conflicting?

<script type=’text/javascript’><!–//<![CDATA[
    var m3_u = (location.protocol==’https:’?’https://ads.tabletennisengland.co.uk/www/delivery/ajs.php&#8217;:’http://ads.tabletennisengland.co.uk/www/delivery/ajs.php&#8217;);
    var m3_r = Math.floor(Math.random()*99999999999);
    if (!document.MAX_used) document.MAX_used = ‘,’;
    document.write (“<scr”+”ipt type=’text/javascript’ src='”+m3_u);
    document.write (“?zoneid=20&blockcampaign=1”);
    document.write (‘&cb=’ + m3_r);
    if (document.MAX_used != ‘,’) document.write (“&exclude=” + document.MAX_used);
    document.write (document.charset ? ‘&charset=’+document.charset : (document.characterSet ? ‘&charset=’+document.characterSet : ”));
    document.write (“&loc=” + escape(window.location));
    if (document.referrer) document.write (“&referer=” + escape(document.referrer));
    if (document.context) document.write (“&context=” + escape(document.context));
    if (document.mmm_fo) document.write (“&mmm_fo=1”);
    document.write (“‘><\/scr”+”ipt>”);
    //]]>–></script><noscript></noscript>

Many thanks

George
    Participant

Hey Gerry,

No worries, making new threads here for new problems that you encounter is the right thing to do! 🙂

As for your specific issue here, your other thread is open and located here → https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/events-calendar-conflict-with-revive-adserver/

I’ve already replied there 🙂

Just to keep things organized, I’ll refrain from responding about that ad issue in this thread and will keep our ad-related discussion in that other thread specifically for it, linked above.

That should just help keep things organized and help us tend to each issue more efficiently.

Thank you!
    George

jmegordon
    Participant

Happy to close this now 🙂

George
    Participant

Cool, thanks for the update Gerry.

Best of luck with your site! 🙂
    George

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar Pro map displaying as grey box’ is closed to new replies.