Events Calendar Pro – JavaScript Error

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar Pro – JavaScript Error

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Bajillion Agency
    Participant

We are getting a JavaScript error that is not allowing any other content to load on the page. When I disable the plugin, everything returns to normal.

Thank you.
    JD

Thanks so much for reaching out!

As a first step, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

• A conflict with another plugin
    • A conflict with your WordPress theme
    • A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

• Make a backup of your database
    • Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Bajillion Agency
    Participant

Hi Jamie.

I did all of the above and even moved it over to a dev server to completely strip it down, disable and delete plugins, revert back to WP 2017.

Here is a link at it’s bare bones, still with the issue:
    https://zoo-test.z9fbnvz4-liquidwebsites.com/

Thank you!
    JD

Thanks for providing me with this information.

I have not yet been able to replicate this issue.  Can you tell me more about how this page is set up?

It looks like Day View, is it set to your homepage? Are you using a shortcode?

Let me know!

Thanks,

Jaime

Bajillion Agency
    Participant

Hi Jamie.

It’s supposed to look like this (the event’s plugin is disabled):

topekazoo.org

This is the shortcode I am using in the “today’s events” tab:

Thank you.

Ah okay, I understand.

I’m not seeing the shortcode that you included on that page.  Would you mind re-sending?

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Bajillion Agency
    Participant

Hi Jamie.

This is the short code:
    [tribe_events view=”day” tribe-bar=”false”]

Thanks for providing me with that information.  I have tried to replicate the issue that you are describing, but when I use the above shortcode, everything works as expected for me.

Can you check that you are using straight quotes (like this: ” “), and not curly quotes(like this: ” ”)?

If that isn’t it, can you try this shortcode on a fresh WordPress install and see if you get the same results?

Thanks,

Jaime

Bajillion Agency
    Participant

Hi Jamie.

I went back to the dev site we built this on. And everything was working fine until I updated the Events Calendar plugin, not the PRO, but the main one. After I updated that plugin, it started throwing the error.

Here is a link to the dev site:
    http://83dev.co/tozo/

It doesn’t have anything to do with the shortcode, the minute I deactivate the plugin – my site functions correctly. After I activate it, I get the error and it breaks the home page.

Thanks for providing me with that information.

I still have not been able to replicate this issue.

Can you try doing things backwards, and start with a default theme and our plugins installed, and then add in other plugins one at a time, to see if there is a conflict there?

Can you please also enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see?

And can you try downloading fresh versions of our plugins from your Downloads page?

Thanks,

Jaime

Bajillion Agency
    Participant

Hi Jamie.

That code was added.

Started with base 2017 WP Theme and ran debug on this site:
    https://zoo-test.z9fbnvz4-liquidwebsites.com/

Error attached in screen shots.

Again, there error started on the last update of the core Events Calendar plugin, not the PRO. But that plugin is needed to run PRO.

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘length’ of undefined
    https://zoo-test.z9fbnvz4-liquidwebsites.com/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/resources/js/tribe-events-bar.min.js?ver=4.6.21 line 1

As I mentioned, I still haven’t been able to replicate this issue.

In that case, if you’re up for it, can you provide me with a database dump, via a third-party plugin like Duplicator, so that we can try to replicate what you are seeing.

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Bajillion Agency
    Participant

Hi Jamie.

I was looking all throughout your helpdesk feed from other consumers, it looks like there are a lot of others having the same JS issues.

Are these issues submitted to the developers? A lot of client websites are probably relying on this fix.

Thank you.

Thank you for your feedback.  We do submit bug reports if we are able to replicate the issues and do create fixes for these issues.

As we are not yet at that stage with this issue, I have not yet created a bug report for this issue.

Let me know if you have any other questions along the way!

Thanks,

Jaime

Bajillion Agency
    Participant

I’m confused as to what you are not able to replicate.

Do you need a login to my dev site? I have a client site hinging on this being fixed.

Thank you.
    JD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar Pro – JavaScript Error’ is closed to new replies.