Events Calendar Pro for Offline Courses

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Events Calendar Pro for Offline Courses

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Heinz Duschanek
    Participant

Hello,

a customer sells offline courses. Each course consists of more schedules than only one day. So a course happens e.g. between 6/7/2017 to 6/29/2017.

The trainer of each course should be shown with his/her own page, linking to the courses he/she is holding.

A rating for the whole course, it’s series of dates, and the trainers should be possible.

A payment gateway is not necessary, but it should be possible to register more persons to a course, not only a single person.

Can this be solved (including tweaking templates)?

Thank you in advance,
    Heinz

Geoff B.

Good evening Heinz and welcome back!

Thank you for your interest in our products.
    We’ll be glad to answer your questions.

a customer sells offline courses. Each course consists of more schedules than only one day. So a course happens e.g. between 6/7/2017 to 6/29/2017.

That would most likely be handled by recurring events (events series).

The trainer of each course should be shown with his/her own page, linking to the courses he/she is holding.

My recommendation would be to use the Organizer section (you can rename it to trainer) to enter each trainer’s info and allowing for display of courses by trainer.

A rating for the whole course, it’s series of dates, and the trainers should be possible.

This will most likely be handled by a third-party plugin such as https://wordpress.org/plugins/rating-widget/

A payment gateway is not necessary, but it should be possible to register more persons to a course, not only a single person.

If your goal is only RSVP and not payment, you could achieve this by a combination of the following:

1. Event Tickets lets you RSVP to events:  https://theeventscalendar.com/product/wordpress-event-tickets/
    2. Event Tickets Plus lets you ask attendee info for every RSVP (and opens the door to a payment gateway should you want one): https://theeventscalendar.com/product/wordpress-event-tickets-plus/

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Heinz Duschanek
    Participant

Thank you, Geoff,

we think about your suggestions.

Kind regards,
    Heinz

Heinz Duschanek
    Participant

So far it looks as if this can be done with your plugins.

Yet two more issues:

* Is it possible to get a demo version of event tickets plus, which works for e.g. two weeks on a staging server just to be able to create a working demo site for the customer (layout does not matter, it’s about the functionality)? Or is there already a demo site showing these features?

* Concerning trainers: is it possible to display a picture of the trainer within the course (e.g. using a widget in sidebar)? Maybe by setting the name or id of the trainer as a <body> css class, to be able to do this with CSS? Or by using a post thumbnail/featured image, which can then be display along with the name of the organizer/trainer (by using a custom template)?

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Heinz,

I am glad you are making progress on this project!

Is it possible to get a demo version of event tickets plus, which works for e.g. two weeks on a staging server just to be able to create a working demo site for the customer (layout does not matter, it’s about the functionality)? Or is there already a demo site showing these features?

That is a very good question.
    We do not offer demo or trial versions, but we do have a 30 day refund policy (which I guess is pretty close).

We do have a demo of the functionalities: http://wpshindig.com/event/events-tickets-demo/

Concerning trainers: is it possible to display a picture of the trainer within the course (e.g. using a widget in sidebar)? Maybe by setting the name or id of the trainer as a <body> css class, to be able to do this with CSS? Or by using a post thumbnail/featured image, which can then be display along with the name of the organizer/trainer (by using a custom template)?

The short answer is yes, this is possible

You could achieve that in one of 2 ways:

1. Using the second function and action found in the following snippet: https://gist.github.com/andrasguseo/3396c6dba948d789e2937857beff7b47 . You could apply the snippet in the functions.php file of your theme (without the PHP tag at the top)
    2. As you suggested, you could simply do a custom view template. You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Heinz Duschanek
    Participant

Great, I think we suggest it to the customer then ….

Thank you for your help so far.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Heinz,

Keep us posted if there is any other question you have.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Heinz Duschanek
    Participant

The customer bought the two plugins now, and I really hope, there will be no showstopper here ….

Regards,
    Heinz

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Heinz,

That is great to hear.
    I hope it all goes according to plan.

Please reach out to us if there is anything else.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Jamjam
    Participant

Don’t do it man. I spend over $150 on this plugin and $1000 in developer time trying to wrangle this damn plugin to work exactly as you say. and it DOES NOT WORK. there are countless forums asking for this exact same thing and EVERYTIME they either closed the forum, or just outright said “no cannot be done”.

Source:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/multi-day-events-not-consecutive-not-separate/

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/recurring-events-and-tickets/

Barry

Hi Jamjam,

Our ticketing solutions currently are not designed to work with recurring events, that’s true and it says as much on the Event Tickets Plus product page (besides there being many instances in the forums where we’ve made the same thing pretty clear).

As you note, lots of users do indeed ask for this – but I think we’ve been as clear as we can possibly be that it is not currently something our products officially support (though we’re making changes that, hopefully, should lead to the introduction of this much requested functionality in a future release).

I’m sorry to hear you were unable to workaround this via a custom development strategy, of course, and appreciate you highlighting this limitation in case it helps others reading this post 🙂

Since it’s been a while since the original author, Heinz, reached out to us, though, I’ll go ahead and close this topic.

Should we be able to help with anything else, please do create a new support topic so the team can assist further.

Thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar Pro for Offline Courses’ is closed to new replies.