Events Calendar Pro: Dev/live domains + Custom Taxonomy Filters + Custom Meta

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Events Calendar Pro: Dev/live domains + Custom Taxonomy Filters + Custom Meta

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dave Steamdesk

Hi,

I will be purcasing an Events Calendar Pro Licence very soon but I have a couple of questions:

1. If we buy a single domain licence are we alloweed to use this on a devlopment domain as well. The development domain would be different domain name but would have HTTP access rules to keep the outside world at large out.

2. Is it possible to assign and filter events by custom Taxonomy types?

3. Can we add custom meta items to events?

Nico

Hi there Dave,

Thanks for reaching out and for you interest in our products 🙂

1. If we buy a single domain licence are we alloweed to use this on a devlopment domain as well. The development domain would be different domain name but would have HTTP access rules to keep the outside world at large out.

Yes, you can use the same licenses for staging and live site. Take a look at this article on Moving your license keys.

2. Is it possible to assign and filter events by custom Taxonomy types?

Doable for sure with the help of some custom code! If you use Events Calendar PRO additional fields, you can enable them in Filter Bar with no extra code!

3. Can we add custom meta items to events?

As stated in the answer above you can use PRO additional fields which will automatically display on the Event single page, and also be available to active as filter within Filter Bar add-on. You can also enable builtin WordPress custom fields for events (simple snippet) or use a plugin like Advanced Custom Fields, in any of these cases you’ll have to manually add the output to the events template.

Please note that Filter Bar is a separate add-on and doesn’t come packed with Events Calendar PRO!

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with,
    Best,
    Nico

Dave Steamdesk

Hi Nico,

Thanks for all your info!

I don’t think a single licence will work for us as this site has development ongoing on a regular basis so we’d need to keep both domains up and running. I looks like we will also need the iCal auto imports too.

Regarding licencing, the purchases is for ‘1 year of support and updates’; after the year is up, will the extension stop working if we (or rather our client) doesn’t renew or will it keep going without support or updates (untill a WP update breaks it). I would imagine that we would renew annually but I’d like to know what issues might ariase if we didn’t.

Nico

Thanks for following up Dave!

I don’t think a single licence will work for us as this site has development ongoing on a regular basis so we’d need to keep both domains up and running. I looks like we will also need the iCal auto imports too.

I guess this depends on your dev workflow, but you might want to do the updates in the staging server and once you confirm all is good there, just push the files via FTP to the live site (or git or whatever deployment tool your team uses)? Also, although we recommend staying up to date with the plugins we ship maintenance releases every two weeks (release schedule) I think updating the plugins once a month is totally ok! Unless the site is being affected by a bug or a security fix is released.

Regarding licencing, the purchases is for ‘1 year of support and updates’; after the year is up, will the extension stop working if we (or rather our client) doesn’t renew or will it keep going without support or updates (untill a WP update breaks it).

Indeed the license is for support and updates for 1 year. The plugin won’t stop working after the license expires, but as you point out updates might be necessary to stay compatible with WordPress in the future.

Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar Pro: Dev/live domains + Custom Taxonomy Filters + Custom Meta’ is closed to new replies.