Events Calendar pro conflict with Visual Composer

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar pro conflict with Visual Composer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    eclipse
    Participant

I upgraded to Events Calendar pro and the site has subsequently been unable to load, Having disabled and enabled the other plugins it seems to be conflicting with Visual Composer. The calendar had been working with both the theme(Alpina) and Visual Composer running before the upgrade to Event Calendar Pro. Any ideas show on how to resolve the white screen issue?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are having. I can help you get to the bottom of this.

Thanks for testing for conflicts already and you said:

Any ideas show on how to resolve the white screen issue?

Where are you getting the white screen? On the whole admin or certain pages.

Are you able to disable the Visual Composer on all the Events Calendar Content Types (Events, Venue, and Organizers) under Settings->Visual Composer? And see if that fixes it.

Please let me know what you find out and we can take the next step from there.

Thanks

eclipse
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Keymaster

It sounds like there is a php error which is stopping everything from loading.

Can you go to this link:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

And under “Example wp-config.php for Debugging” add all that coding to your wp-config.php

Please make sure to replace define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false); with the true version from that page.

Then visit your site which will still be a white screen,then go back to your file directory and open the log file in the wp-content directory and copy and paste whatever is there in a reply to this topic and I can take a look and we can go from there.

eclipse
    Participant

This reply is private.

eclipse
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Keymaster

Yes that will help.

Please send it in your next reply.

Thanks

eclipse
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Keymaster

It looks like lots of out of memory or timeout errors. So I would look up increase your php memory limit in the php.ini or asking you host for help with that.

Or you can try by creating a php.ini in the website root and add the following:

memory_limit = 64M
    post_max_size = 32M
    max_execution_time = 2000s
    safe_mode = off

Then in your wp-config.php file you can add:

/*Increase Memory Limit */
    define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘128M’);

Above this line  /* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Another Option

It looks like it is not finding files for the Events Calendar Pro, but that could be related to the errors above.

You can try going into the site directory using ftp or from the file manager in the cpanel and deleting the Events Calendar, Events Calender Pro, and the Visual Composer.

Please do not delete the entire plugin directory 🙂

That should stop the errors and let you back into the site.

I would then upload a new copy of all three plugins and activate The Events Calendar and Visual Composer. Test to see if everything is working. Then activate the Events Calendar Pro again.

Let me know if either of those help.

Thanks

eclipse
    Participant

This reply is private.

eclipse
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok how strange.

Do you have Debug mode by chance? If so I think we can turn that off in the plugin and in wp-config to try to get this working.

These messages:

The Events Calendar Log: Initializing Tribe Events on Sep, 2nd at 05:09:26 pm

Our messages in debug are saying it is working. But not much help beyond that.

I saw this error:

PHP Warning: fopen(/var/www/vhosts/16/300445/webspace/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/events-calendar-pro.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/16/300445/webspace/httpdocs/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3879

Are you using the latest version of Visual Composer released on 8/20/2014?

Since you have not gotten the site working have you deleted Visual Composer and The Events Calendar Pro from the plugin directory to at least get it working. If all else please do this to get the site backup and turn off debugging in the wp-config and then in Events->Settings General Tab at the bottom.

Are you using the latest version of Visual Composer released on 8/20/2014?

Let me know what you find out.

Thanks

eclipse
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Keymaster

Brian

I feel like we are not getting anywhere with this sorry about that.

Is it possible you can zip up your theme and provide a link for me to download it and see if I can reproduce it the errors on my end? You can do it in a private reply.

And.. Yes, turn off debug in the config and there is a setting in the general tab of the Event Calendar too.

Thanks, we will get this fixed yet, sorry again for the delay.

eclipse
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar pro conflict with Visual Composer’ is closed to new replies.