Events Calendar plugin

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Events Calendar plugin

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    natlou

Hi,

Thinking about buying PRO version, I’m first trying to make simple Events Calendar plugin working properly.
    then I would like to receive some answers :
    – The correct translation of event in French is “événement”. How could it be possible to correct this in the “Tribe events page title” as well as in the Widget (“Voir tous les événements” instead of “Voir tous les évènements”) ?
    – How is it possible to modify colors of the Month calendar. I’ve tried a hundred ties and the title of the week’s days remain with black background
    – Can you help for this : from the widget, the links to evens are working well on some pages but not at all on some others. Both pages are build in the same way and ave then the same config settings.

Many thanks in advance !
    Nathalie

Cliff

Hi, Nathalie. Thanks for your interest in our plugin suite.

1)

We have this information regarding translations:

2)

You can use the WordPress Customizer to set a custom color scheme but then you might also need to implement some custom CSS as well. It’s your choice.

3)

We provide support via our paid forums, but if it’s a theme conflict/issue, it would be outside our Scope of Support / Terms.

We also have these resources available:

To be clear, neither of the first two things requires a paid license, but you are of course welcome to still purchase Events Calendar PRO.

Last but not least, we have a pretty great Refund Policy so you can buy one or many of our add-ons and thoroughly test them.

I hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

natlou

Dear Cliff,

Thank you for your answer and sorry for the late reply.
    The 2 last points ares solved now. But I still need some help for the first one.
    I applied solution explained in the doc “How to Override Plugin Language Files “.
    It works well for replacing the “è” into “é”.
    But I would like also to replace “Voir tous les Evénements” displayed in the widget by “Voir tous les événements” (The Capitalized E is not correct).
    Also, in the Events page, I tried to replace “Événements en” by “Choisir le mois”
    Both these modifications do not work with the mentionned method.
    If you want to have a look: http://tempo.tutti-frutti.be.
    I must say that I’m not used to play with translation files.
    More than this, I have very few time to manage this 🙁
    Your help would be very welcome.

Best.
    Nathalie

Cliff

I’m glad the last two worked well.

For the first, you’ll need to find the actual string. It’s likely “Voir tous les %s” or something similar.

Or you might only be looking to translate the “Evénements” word.

And you might contribute any corrections (that aren’t your personal customizations) to http://translations.theeventscalendar.com/projects

natlou

Dear Cliff,

If I replace “Evénements” by “événements, it won’t be correct for the title of Calendar page, as there the CAP is needed.
    As I said, I tried to replace the exact string “Voir tous les Evénements” (as it appears in the inspector), but it did not work.
    I’m not sure to understand the role of the % sign in your proposal ““Voir tous les %s”.
    Could you suggest the exact string that I should replace ?
    And what about the replacement of the label “Événements en” ?

Many thanks !
    Nathalie

Cliff

Sometimes the translation process requires actually digging into the code.

%s, %d, and similar are PHP placeholders. Please see https://codex.wordpress.org/I18n_for_WordPress_Developers#Placeholders for translation examples.

In the event you find the string that is translated and it’s used in multiple places incorrectly (e.g. capitalized in one place and not the other and shouldn’t be like this), we can fix this bug by adding context to the translation.

Please let me know how you get along with this.

Nathalie Louveaux

Dear Cliff,

Thank you for your answer.
    But it sounds like chinese for me.
    Where should I look ? Which string should I replace ? And by what ? What do you mean by ‘context’ ?
    Sorry to insist, but I would like to understand how translation works before buying the Calendar PRO.

Thanks in advance.
    Nathalie

Cliff

Nathalie, the Say what? plugin (third-party, not guaranteed or supported by us) might make things easier for you. Translations can be complex and involve code.

If you provide me annotated screenshots of each item that is incorrect, the URL the screenshot is from, and what it should be in the translation, I can try to assist with each individual item.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar plugin’ is closed to new replies.