Events Calendar not reading OG data from All-in-one SEO

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar not reading OG data from All-in-one SEO

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant

I’m going to try again .. I’ll use for reference a previous post by myself ..

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/og-image-description-entries-ignored/

.. and by Renee Barnes just last month …

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/og-meta-info-ignored-by-events-calendar/

The problem persists. Events Calendar (including Calendar Pro) no longer parse the OG data input for events via SEO .. which makes sharing individual events via Facebook and other social media tedious at best .. or just flat unreliable. Please read the above threads for all the details. Nothing has changed.

I implore you to look into this further .. and find exactly where the error is, and correct it. As I mentioned in the previous thread, this used to work .. but no longer does.

Thanks,

Tom
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Tom!

Thanks for getting in touch about that issue. I apologise for a bit of delay in our response.

Let me note that it might take us between 24-48 hrs before we respond to a post as we state here > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/what-support-is-provided-for-license-holders/ It generally is significantly faster than that, but it depends on forums load.

I have just reviewed the other threads you shared to try to catch up with things. Could you please share with us a couple of links to events in your site where you are experiencing these issues?

We’ll try to run some tests and see if we can reproduce the same on our end. Once there, we can identify the source of the problem and try to come up with a fix for it.

As I mentioned in the previous thread, this used to work .. but no longer does.

Do you know the version of our plugin where this problem started happening?

Please let us know about that.

Thanks,
    Victor

Tom
    Participant

Get the URL from any individual event on this calendar and try sharing that link on Facebook ..

http://piedmontculinaryguild.com/pcgevents/

Sadly, I did not take note on exactly which version started the issue. I just noticed at some point, it stopped working .. been at least a year now.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Tom!

Thanks for coming back.

I did a few tests with All in One SEO and their Social Meta feature activated. It seems the og tags are not being generated for the events. So I can confirm there is a plugins conflict, unless there is an additional setting from All in One SEO that we are missing.

I’m not really sure how the All in One SEO plugin works to generate and render the tags for each post, so I can’t really tell where the conflict is.

I suggest you get in touch with the plugin authors and see if they can offer some insight on the issue. With their help, we can try to locate the source of the conflict and come up with a solution to make things work.

Please let us know if there is anything they need on our end.

Thanks,
    Victor

Tom
    Participant

Thanks for at least formally acknowledging the issue. I’ll try to contact them and see if I can gain any insight there. Please keep this topic open for a while.

Victor
    Keymaster

Sure thing Tom! I’ll mark this topic as “Pending fix” on our side, so it does not auto-close.

Best,
    Victor

Tom
    Participant

I’ve posted a request at …

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/all-in-one-seo-not-processing-events-calendar-og-info/

In case any of y’all would like to chime in.

Thanks!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Tom!

Thanks for keeping us posted about this.

I have just checked and it seems the plugin author said that it works with custom post types.

Could you please try again following the documentations he pointed to and see if it works?

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
    Victor

Tom
    Participant

That’s the first thing I checked when I originally saw it wasn’t working. Events is checked .. and has been since the beginning. But it’s not working ..

From what you see in the screen dump .. is there another one that should also be checked as well?

Thanks!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Tom.
    Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Tom!

I did a few other tests and found out there is a specific setting for social meta.

Once the Social Meta feature is enabled, you will have to enable Events under Facebook settings. Once enabled it rendered the og meta data for events in my site.

Please try it out and see if it works for you.

Best,
    Victor

Tom
    Participant

Yes .. I’ve done that. Still not working. It works for all other posts except the events .. weird.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Tom!

I’m sorry to hear about that.

I know you have tried the following:

• Deactivated all other plugins? Yes
    • Switched to a default theme? Yes

Did you happen to notice a difference when deactivating all other plugins or switching to a default WordPress theme, like Twenty Seventeen? What happens if you try deactivating all plugins and switching to the Twenty Seventeen theme together? Do you notice a difference then?

If you see no difference in those conditions, then we’ll need to do some deeper troubleshooting.

Let me know about it.

Best,
    Victor

Tom
    Participant

I have tried that .. as much as I can with a live site. What I think I’m going to do is put a copy of the site on my test server .. which will give me more flexibility to test.

I’ll keep you posted.

Tom
    Participant

Nevermind .. found it!!!!

The issue had nothing to do with the Social Meta Settings .. but in the general settings. Can’t believe it took me so long to find it.

Thanks for your patience.

Case closed.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar not reading OG data from All-in-one SEO’ is closed to new replies.