Events Calendar List widget shows only one date in display "list-date"

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar List widget shows only one date in display "list-date"

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Robin
    Participant

the “list-date” in my events list widget appears the same, “Thu 22” for each event, even though they are all on different days and are listed correctly in text.

George
    Participant

I’m sorry to hear this @Robin!

I cannot recreate these issues, so I’m curious – if you activate a default WordPress theme on your site like Twenty Thirteen, Fourteen, etc., and then add the widget back in place and take a look at it on your site, does the issue persist?

If so, how about if you leave your site in this state and then proceed with deactivating every plugin on your site that is not The Events Calendar or Events Calendar Pro; check on the issue after each deactivation. Does the issue change anywhere along the way?

I’m sorry if these steps sound tedious; they’re generally much faster to work through than it sounds, and since I cannot recreate this issue and we do not have other reports of it at this time, the leading suspicion as to the cause of this is that there’s a theme or plugin conflict at play.

The above steps will help determine if this is the case.

Let us know what you find!

Cheers,
    George

Sylvia
    Participant

I’m having the exact same issue on a site I manage. It started as soon as I updated to the latest version.

I changed the them to Twenty-fourteen and deactivated all of the plugins as suggested but unfortunately, the glitch is still present. I need to reactivate the original theme which was Canvas before I start to get calls, emails, and texts. Please advise.

Thank you.

list-date displays THU 22 for all events.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Sylvia.
    John
    Participant

Wow I came to report this as well. Same issue. Shows Oct 22 on all the events despite them being a different date. Screenshot here https://www.evernote.com/l/AAIzUZlp2iFCi4dHVI0uZUZQsTcpaQ4JAQA

John
    Participant

As a temp solution we add the following CSS code to hide the error

.tribe-mini-calendar-event .list-date .list-daynumber {
    display: none;
    }

Sylvia
    Participant

John,
    Great idea! Unfortunately, the css isn’t working for me but I’ll keep playing with it.
    Thanks for sharing!

George
    Participant

I am so sorry about all of your folks’ experiencing this issue – I am still unable to reproduce the problem locally, which is weird!

@John and @Sylvia, thank you both for chiming in and adding to the thread (and thanks for sharing code, @John!).

With as many reports of this bug as there are in this thread, I will rope in some other team members so that we can test this a bit more closely. I’ll post updates in this thread.

In the meantime, for anyone here who has this issue, can you share your System Information in this thread? Here’s how to do that → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Thank you all for your patience!

Sincerely,
    George

Sylvia
    Participant

Hello George,
    Thank you for following up. I’m not sure what happened but the issue is not resolved on my site. I didn’t do anything to trigger besides switching to theme Twenty Fourteen and deactivating the plugins, etc. That exercise didn’t initially trigger the correction but sometime after that, it was “fixed.”

Thank you again,
    Sylvia

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi Everyone,

I am going to jump in here and I apologize I missed something in QA and we introduced a bug here that you are experiencing.

You can replace the contents of this file:

plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/functions/template-tags/widgets.php

With the coding here:

https://gist.githubusercontent.com/jesseeproductions/1bf79bcf1bc3de55ccee/raw/fe1b82fbedd58c55a95bcf9704cfb82e4266bdd9/widget.php

That will fix the issue until we can release a patch.

Let me know if that works.

Thanks

Robin
    Participant

Thank you all for your assistance…similar to Sylvia, the issue seems to have resolved itself on my site. I didn’t have a chance to do the troubleshooting steps, and when I looked again, the proper dates were there in the widget. So, I have no explanation, but for the time being anyway, it all is functioning properly.

best regards,

Robin

George
    Participant

Thank you for updating us on that, @Robin! If issues do ever arise again, let us know in a new thread and try out Brian’s recommended steps for now.

Thank you for your patience while we fix the bug in our code itself; in the meantime, hopefully Brian’s solution helps for anyone facing similar issues.

I’ll close up this thread for now.

Cheers,
    George

Geoff

Hey, just chiming in here to let you know that Events Calendar PRO 3.12.6 just released moments ago and includes a patch for this issue. Thanks so much for reporting this and for your patience while we worked on a solution. Feel free to hit us up with a new thread if you continue to see an issue or run into any others and we’d be happy to help.

George
    Participant

Woot! 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar List widget shows only one date in display "list-date"’ is closed to new replies.