Events Calendar (free) Disappears on WP Update

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar (free) Disappears on WP Update

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    nancytimper
    Participant

For the second time now, when there is a WordPress update, one of my sites stops recognizing the free Events Calendar plugin. I have to connect via FTP and rename the folder, then reinstall the plugin fresh. The Pro version seems to be unaffected.

Any idea what gives? Kind of a pain…

thanks!
    Nancy

Shelby
    Participant

Hey Nancy,

I’d be happy to help you out with this. 🙂

Could you tell me, what kinds of error messages you get when this happens? Having more specific information about this issue will help me better assist you and figure out what is going on. 🙂

Also, I see you’re currently not running the latest version of either TEC (free) or PRO. Would you update those for me so that I can help you troubleshoot with the latest versions please? 🙂

Best,

Shelby 🙂

nancytimper
    Participant

I don’t actually get an error message: TEC is just missing from the list of plugins, and the page where I have placed shortcode shows the actual shortcode.

Have updated both plugins.

I fixed the issue by renaming TEC and installing a fresh copy.

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Nancy,

Two things:

1. I’m going to pull in some of my more seasoned team mates tomorrow to see what they think of this, as I’ve never come across this issue.
    2. I see that you shared your system information, but it doesn’t appear to have any line breaks in the formatting, making it hard to parse through. Could you possibly copy and paste it with the information formatted into different lines? 🙂 (If you need a refresh on how to share system info, you can find it here) That will make it easier for us to find discrepancies in your set up versus our testing environments.

Cheers!

Shelby 🙂

nancytimper
    Participant

This reply is private.

Shelby
    Participant

This reply is private.

nancytimper
    Participant

Sorry, I kind of lost track of this. No, the Odio theme does not recommend or require TEC.

nancytimper
    Participant

Ok, so I just updated again. This time, TEC updated Ok, then I updated Pro, and it went to deactivated status. I activated it and all was well…

A mystery I guess.

Shelby
    Participant

Hey Nancy,

Totally weird, well I’m glad all is well now! 🙂 Please let us know if this starts back up!

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar (free) Disappears on WP Update’ is closed to new replies.