Events Calendar feed should display Event start time and date

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar feed should display Event start time and date

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    req
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to include the event start time and start date to the events feed. Here is the link to my feed https://camanabay.com/event/feed/. I don’t see the start data and the end date of the events along with the times. Can you guide me through the process on how to add this to my code. I have used this link https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/customize-rss-feed/ and followed the instructions but I cant het it to work. Let me know if there’s something i am missing here. Here is the snippet of the code i used in the funtions.php file inside my theme folder.

add_action( ‘rss2_ns’, ‘events_rss2_namespace’ );

function events_rss2_namespace() {
    echo ‘xmlns:ev=”http://purl.org/rss/2.0/modules/event/”‘.”\n”;
    }

// Add Event Dates to RSS Feed
    add_action(‘rss_item’,’tribe_rss_feed_add_eventdate’);
    add_action(‘rss2_item’,’tribe_rss_feed_add_eventdate’);
    add_action(‘commentsrss2_item’,’tribe_rss_feed_add_eventdate’);

function tribe_rss_feed_add_eventdate() {
    if ( ! tribe_is_event() ) return;
    ?>
    <ev:tribe_event_meta xmlns:ev=”Event”>
    <?php if (tribe_get_start_date() !== tribe_get_end_date() ) { ?>

<ev:startdate><?php echo tribe_get_start_date(); ?></ev:startdate>
    <ev:enddate><?php echo tribe_get_end_date(); ?></ev:enddate>

<?php } else { ?>

<ev:startdate><?php echo tribe_get_start_date(); ?></ev:startdate>

<?php } ?>
    </ev:tribe_event_meta>

<?php }

Thanks!

req
    Participant

Can Anyone please help me with this.

Thanks

req
    Participant

I still need assistance on this and its been 5 days.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’m sorry for the delay here! We’ve had a higher than normal volume of threads this week (and typically don’t have support available over the weekend).

Can you please share your full system info with me?

We are limited in the amount of support that we can provide for customizations, but I will run this by one of our developers to see if there is anything we can recommend here. I’ll let you know as soon as I hear back.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Ok, so we did some testing on the code from the knowledge article you linked to (it looks like you copied it exactly, which is correct), and this is adding the start and end times on our end. Since the start and end times aren’t being added to your feed, I would first recommend clearing out any caching that you’re doing on your site (on your server or via a plugin) and see if you are then seeing the dates.

If not, the next step would be to run through the instructions outlined here to check for any conflicts that might be occurring with your theme or another plugin. Please make sure to have WP_DEBUG enabled during testing and copy/paste any errors that you see into your reply.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar feed should display Event start time and date’ is closed to new replies.