/events/ being redirected to /events/undefined/ on mobile

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO /events/ being redirected to /events/undefined/ on mobile

• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Tracy Weinzapfel.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tracy Weinzapfel
    Participant

This just recently started. When a desktop visitor goes to the events page, it leads to http://tracyweinzapfelstudios.com/events/ and everything works fine. When a mobile visitor goes there, it first goes to the correct page and then immediately redirects to http://tracyweinzapfelstudios.com/events/undefined/ which does not have anything.

Running:
    WordPress 4.7.2
    The Events Calendar 4.4.3
    The Events Calendar Pro 4.4.3

Server and local caches have been cleared.

Nico

Hi there Tracy,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and sorry to hear about this issue 🙁

I’ve tried to reproduce this using my local test site but was unable to do so. Can you please check the value for ‘WP-Admin > Events > Settings > Display > Default mobile view’? Try changing it to something else, then ‘Save Changes’ and re-test.

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Tracy Weinzapfel
    Participant

Hi Nico,

That didn’t fix the error. I did clear the cache again as well, just to be sure.

Nico

Hey Tracy,

Thanks for following up and sorry to hear this is still an issue 🙁

This just recently started.

If you think this might be related to a recent plugin update, then you can downgrade our plugins to a past version until we can find out the culprit.

I could found a bug about this functionality being borked by a conflict with Yoast SEO plugin. Can you please try to de-activate said plugin, re-generate permalinks (WP-Admin > Settings > Permalinks > Save Changes) and re-test? If this is the case, then add this snippetto you theme’s (or child theme’s) functions.php file:

add_filter( 'wpseo_canonical', function( $canonical_url ) {
    global $wp_query;

return ! empty( $wp_query->tribe_is_event_query ) && wp_is_mobile()
    ? Tribe__Events__Main::instance()->getLink( tribe_get_mobile_default_view() )
    : $canonical_url;
    } );

If the above doesn’t help then we will need to further troubleshoot this → Can you please follow the steps described in our Testing for conflicts guide? This way we can see if this is a problem in our plugin or a conflict with the theme or other installed plugins.

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Tracy Weinzapfel
    Participant

I’ve followed all of the instructions and am still getting the same result. Is there something else to try?

Nico

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘/events/ being redirected to /events/undefined/ on mobile’ is closed to new replies.