Events are created with the right date and timezone, but display wrong

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events are created with the right date and timezone, but display wrong

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Nathan
    Participant

Events are created with the right date and timezone, but display an hour early. No idea what I am doing wrong.

Nathan
    Participant

I had to change the site to UCF – 3 in the site settings to get the calendar to display the right time. But I am in the Eastern Time zone which I think is UTC -5. Still odd.

Hunter

Hey Nathan,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for reaching out 🙂

Can you please send me over what you have under Events > Settings > General > Timezone Settings and also your WP Settings > General > Timezone? Lastly, can you send a screenshot of the Time & Date section on the edit event page you’re having troubles with?

Thanks again for reaching out and I look forward to resolving this with you. Have a great week!

Nathan
    Participant

Sure, here you go. I just changed all the timezones to Toronto (this is our timezone), like they were. If you go to this url, you will see that all the events are all one hour early.

http://www.pinelandbaptist.com/events/

Hunter

Thanks for sending that over 🙂

I just created an event after setting my WP timezone setting to “Toronto” and then added a new event with the start time of 10:00 AM and end time 11:30 AM. The event appears to be displaying the correct time for me (see screenshot below).

Does this issue still occur when only using the default theme and our plugins as outlined in our Testing for conflicts guide? Also, can you create a test event with the WP timezone setting set to “Toronto” and keep the event timezone settings as you have in the provided screenshots and let me know if the test event displays the correct times?

Thanks again for sending over those screenshots. Take care!

Nathan
    Participant

Is there a way for me to send you some sign in credential so you can look it over in real time?

Hunter

Hey Nathan,

I wish we were able to, but support forum rules restrict us from logging into customer sites. I’m currently investigating the possibility of a bug, but one trend I’ve noticed after dealing with many timezone issues is this: once you get the timezone settings set up properly (both WP and Events Calendar), you may need to re-create the events you’ve already made to get them to display the correct times.

So if you don’t mind, try following the instructions outlined in my last response and report back with the results. Thanks for the patience and have a good Friday!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Events are created with the right date and timezone, but display wrong’ is closed to new replies.