Events appearing out of order

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events appearing out of order

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    devdept
    Participant

The events are appearing out of order on this page and I can’t seem to track down the issue. I’ve tried reverting to the Twenty Fourteen theme with only the Events Calendar/EVC plugins activated and still have the same issue. It isn’t off by much (Dec 3-Dec 5-Dec 3), but I can’t seem to resolve this issue. I’ve tried resetting the database as well.

https://shallowford.staging.wpengine.com/events/
    https://www.shallowford.org/events/

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,

Thanks for reaching out! I took a look at the page you sent, and if you look at the HTML, the events are actually listed in the correct order. If you scale down to mobile view in your browser, the events will be in the correct order as well. However, I see what you mean – they do appear to be somewhat out of order in the desktop photo view. This is happening because the excerpt lengths have a lot of variation between events…for photo view, the events will go in order from left to right, but in order to achieve the “grid” effect and avoid gaps, they will then try to fill in the next available space in the following row form left to right. Since some events take up only a small amount of space and others take up more, this is resulting in the events appearing to be somewhat out of order.

If you’d like to keep them in exact chronological order from left to right, your best bet is to keep the individual events the same size (or at least pretty close). You can do this by specifying the excerpt yourself on events (if you don’t specify one, photo view will use the description) or limiting the number of words photo view uses. This article has some good information as well on excerpts and events.

I hope this helps clear things up, but if you have any questions or need any help with the solutions I mentioned, please let me know!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Events appearing out of order’ is closed to new replies.