Photo View in Events Calendar Pro – How To Show Excerpt Instead of All Words

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Photo View in Events Calendar Pro – How To Show Excerpt Instead of All Words

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Joanna
    Participant

Hi,
    I checked in Forums, but I didn’t see how to show only an Excerpt or less amount of words for Events via Photo View. (see image)

How would one show less words/an excerpt rather than so many words?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Joanna,

Thanks for reaching out!

If you add an excerpt into the Excerpt field on the event edit page, then the excerpt in photo view will use that, giving you control over how much content is displayed on an event-by-event basis. Or, you could also reduce the number of words that the photo view displays in general by adding the following to your child theme’s functions.php file:

function tribe_shorten_photo_excerpt( $length ) {
    if ( tribe_is_event() && tribe_is_list_view() ) {
    return 20;
    } else {
    return $length;
    }
    }
    add_filter( 'excerpt_length', 'tribe_shorten_photo_excerpt', 999 );

You can replace the “20” with the number of words you want to limit the excerpt to.

Let me know how that works for you!

Thanks,
    Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Photo View in Events Calendar Pro – How To Show Excerpt Instead of All Words’ is closed to new replies.