Events and Facebook pixel

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Events and Facebook pixel

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Ole Vadum Dahl
    Participant

Hi,
    All products made in Woocommerce work fine on my Facebook page using a Facebook pixel. I can sell them directly from Facebook.
    But all the events made in Event Tickets Plus which are also automatically created as a product in Woocommerce, they won’t work on my Facebook page. And it’s only events/products generated from Event Tickets Plus that I’m not able to sell from Facebook.

Facebook shows the products but they are all “in review” or “not published”. I have testet that the events have text, picture and a SKU id and the Facebook ID and are visible.
    The plugin for Woocommerce and Facebook pixel works fine.

So why won’t it work with Event Tickets?

Kind regards,

Barry

Hi Ole,

I suspect the problem is that we automatically redirect requests to see ticket products to the matching single event page. You can undo this behavior however with a small snippet like this one:

add_action( 'plugins_loaded', function() {
        $wc_tickets = Tribe__Tickets_Plus__Commerce__WooCommerce__Main::get_instance();
        remove_filter( 'post_type_link', [ $wc_tickets, 'hijack_ticket_link' ] );
    }, 20 );

This could be added either to a custom plugin (preferred) or else to your theme’s functions.php file.

Does that help?

Ole Vadum Dahl
    Participant

Thank you, but no it doesn’t work.

I have tried the child theme and the main theme functions.php and also inside the event ticket plus plugin.
    Which plugin should the code be added to instead…?

regards,

Barry

The above code should – ideally – be added to a custom plugin rather than an existing plugin.

The easiest way to do this is to create a new file within your mu-plugins directory, something like:

wp-content/mu-plugins/ticket-customizations.php

Remember to add an opening <?php tag!

Ole Vadum Dahl
    Participant

Hm… I don’t understand? I don’t have any mu-plugins directory. And why all this coding? Why can’t you just make the plugin work with Facebook pixels? All products made directly in Woocommerce works fine.

• Gert
    Ole Vadum Dahl
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Hi Gert,

I don’t have any mu-plugins directory. And why all this coding?

OK – you may need to create it in that case.

Why can’t you just make the plugin work with Facebook pixels? All products made directly in Woocommerce works fine.

Can you confirm which plugin or tool you are using to add these pixels? If it is not a free plugin that we can download ourselves, can you share it via a private reply?

Ole Vadum Dahl
    Participant

Okay, thanks.

It’s the free plugin – Facebook for Woocommerce.

Barry

Thanks!

You could try installing and activating this helper plugin — it should make it so that when new tickets are saved, they are immediately published to your Facebook store. Note that this requires you are at least running PHP 5.3.

It’s also worth highlighting that this does not directly do anything with the “Facebook pixel”, it simply tells Facebook for WooCommerce to publish the ticket product to whichever Facebook account is connected.

Hopefully that helps 🙂

Ole Vadum Dahl
    Participant

No, this is not a solution. The whole point is that it should run via Facebook pixel to get analyzing results about customer target group.

I still don’t understand why it does not work when the events from Event ticket plus are also created in Woocommerce with text, category, image and price, just like all the other products created directly in Woocommerce?

Barry

It definitely may not be the complete solution you are seeking, but I’d suggest it’s a decent start. At the beginning of this exchange you had noted:

And it’s only events/products generated from Event Tickets Plus that I’m not able to sell from Facebook.

For any new tickets you create, this makes it so they are registered with your Facebook page and will show up in your Facebook shop so you can sell them from there (it doesn’t deal with existing tickets that were already created at present, however).

The whole point is that it should run via Facebook pixel to get analyzing results about customer target group.

I still don’t understand why it does not work when the events from Event ticket plus are also created in Woocommerce with text, category, image and price, just like all the other products created directly in Woocommerce?

This is a different part of the larger problem.

My assumption is that Facebook for WooCommerce adds the tracking pixel to product pages but, reasonably enough, does not do so for event pages that contain tickets (because it doesn’t “know” about them).

That to say, there’s no bug here that I see – simply a need for some further integration work to be done if you want all 3 plugins (Event Tickets Plus, WooCommerce and Facebook for WooCommerce) to work together cohesively. I’ve shared a partial solution above and hopefully we’ll be able to develop that further over time, but I cannot commit to doing so in the short term.

Remember that you can also reach out to the developers of your other plugins and indeed if you need more help than any of us can provide in the sort of timescales you expect, you can reach out to suitable designer/developers for further assistance:

theeventscalendar.com/find-a-customizer

Thanks!

Ole Vadum Dahl
    Participant

Hi Barry,

Thanks for this fine explanation. I will look into it myself following your advice.

Best regards,

Barry

You got it 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Events and Facebook pixel’ is closed to new replies.