Events all marked ‘This Event Has Passed’

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events all marked ‘This Event Has Passed’

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Ray
    Participant

Hi Ryan,
    Sorry for the delay in responding to you. Yes, I can now see that you still have the problem on your site.

Hope we both can get a fix soon.

Regards,
    Ray

Ray
    Participant

Hi Peter,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

My recurring events were in place prior to upgrading to 3.x

I have tried with both the ‘default events template’ and the ‘default page template’. The result is the same with the ‘event has passed’ message appearing whichever template I use.

This is only happening on recurring events.

Up to a day or two ago everything was working fine with my setup.

Not sure why this has suddenly happened other than I did adjust one recurring event.

Hoping that a fix is possible as the majority of my events are showing ‘event has passed’ on a live site.

However it is a beautiful day here in sunny Queensland, Australia!

Regards,
    Ray

Ray
    Participant

Hi there,

Any ideas here? The only thing I can think of is to delete all existing recurring events and then re-add all of my recurring Events. Don’t want to do this really though.

Regards,
    Ray

Neill

Hi Ray,

I’m just jumping in here for Peter. I’ve checked on the status of the bug that peter filed and it looks like its being worked on right now. I’ll check in with you guys as soon as I’m updated with more info. Thanks for your patience and sorry for the delay.

Neill

Barry

Hi everyone, thanks for your patience so far. I just wanted to update you all and let you know this is still in progress and, realistically, the fix will probably arrive in the next, next release.

I can’t actually replicate this with my current setup, but I wanted to float the following idea as a possible interim workaround.

First, set up an override for tribe-events/single-event.php (if you are unsure how please see our Themer’s Guide for the lowdown on this). Then, locate the following lines of code:

<!– Notices –>
    <?php tribe_events_the_notices() ?>

Try changing it to the following:

<!– Notices –>
    <?php if (date(‘Y-m-d’) > tribe_get_start_date(get_the_ID(), false, ‘Y-m-d’)) tribe_events_the_notices() ?>

I can’t be certain it will help (since I’m not currently able to replicate) but it’s possible it may at the very least be a starting point for a solution. Nor is it perfect as it doesn’t test to see what notices it might be hiding, but again it could be embellished to cover various more complicated scenarios.

Neill

Hi Ray,

Just a quick update on this. We are planning a release in the coming week and are happy to say that this particular issue is addressed in this release. This ticket will remain closed, but if you update and still notice an issue feel free to open a new ticket and we’ll be able to help you from there.

Thanks for your time and effort in helping us get to the bottom of this one!

Neill

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘Events all marked ‘This Event Has Passed’’ is closed to new replies.