Eventbrite tickets – no fields in editor or import option 3.12.1

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite tickets – no fields in editor or import option 3.12.1

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Grant Rollo
    Participant

We recently move the site from one host to another.

The domain name is exactly the same and we’ve set a redirect on the nameservers (so the site still exists on the other server but is not live).

The site is working fine but since it went live, our eventbrite add-on. although installed does not show the import option or the configuration box when adding/editing an event.

Ive got the license key input and the key/secret key but no change. I tried creating a new key but noticed after I agree to the authorisation page of Eventbrite it returns me to the site but the word ‘success’ does not appear onscreen.

Ive deactivated all the plugins and changed the theme but no change.

What do you suggest?

Grant Rollo
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

Hey @rollocop,

I’m sorry to hear about these issues – one thing that stands out to me as the culprit here, perhaps, is what you said as follows:

We recently move the site from one host to another.

The domain name is exactly the same and we’ve set a redirect on the nameservers (so the site still exists on the other server but is not live).

Does this mean that e.g. your domain’s nameservers and DNS records still point to the old site, which “still exists but is not live”? I’m sorry if that’s not the case – let me know what you mean here, as I think this is very relevant to the way these issues are manifesting on your site.

In the meantime, I would recommend these steps for now:

1. Remove your Eventbrite API Key and Secret in your new site’s wp-admin. Then, deactivate the Eventbrite Tickets plugin.

2. Go to Settings > Permalinks in your wp-admin area, and just click “Save Changes” without actually making any changes. This may seem like an odd thing to do but is a little “trick” within WordPress to get the permalinks across your site to refresh, which might help here.

3. Go back to your Plugins page; reactivate the Eventbrite tickets plugin.

4. Do the “save permalinks” trick mentioned in step 2 here.

5. Authorize your Eventbrite tickets plugin anew; go to the settings page where API Key and Secret can be entered, and go through the process of setting this up like you did originally.

6. See if anything changes with your issues – if not, then can you include your System Information in your reply? Here’s how to do this → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Thanks!
    George

Grant Rollo
    Participant

Hey – that worked 🙂

Thanks for your help !

George
    Participant

Great!

Best of luck with your site 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite tickets – no fields in editor or import option 3.12.1’ is closed to new replies.